Back to HISTORICAL
Modern wargaming falls neatly into three sub-categories:
- land - This period is dominated by the
War That Never Was, the potential conflict in Europe
between NATO and the Warsaw Pact. Yet the period is also rich
in guerilla conflicts - Vietnam, Malaysia, Algeria - and
limited wars - the Korean War, the Iran-Iraq War, the Indo-Pakistani
Wars, the China-Vietnam War, the Falklands, and finally
the Gulf War against Iraq. Almost in their own category are
the series of Arab-Israeli Wars fought in this period.
- sea - The modern period saw the rise of
the missile as the dominant weapons system, and the continued
evolution of the aircraft carrier and the submarine.
- air - The Korean War is commonly thought of
as the dawn of the jet fighter, and the Vietnam War saw the
introduction of the first effective missile systems. Air
warfare was an important part of the Arab-Israeli and Falkland
conflicts as well.
- P76M Polish 1st Mechanized Division, Poland, 1989 Army List Available
- 15mm Blanks Released at Alternative Armies
- 6mm Office Block Kits
- P75M Polish 1st Mechanized Division, Poland, 1980-1988 Army List Available
- "Gamers & Collectors... Acheson's Indian Rhino is Here!"
- Update: 10mm 1980s British Infantry From TimeCast
- Animals Run Wild at EMP Games
- A List Of 'Latest Stuff' From Caliver Books
- Wargame Vault Deal of the Day: Local Pub
- Progress Discount at Assault Publishing
- GHQ New Releases & 36% Off Website Specials
- 28mm African Airport Kit From Sally 4th
- Sea Lion, Eureka, Exterminate!, Napoleon in Egypt, Battlegroup Tobruk & More in the Latest Issue of WI Primetime
- OMM: New Brigade Fire & Fury Rules, Uniform Guides, Books & More
- "Africa... Here Come the Acheson Zebras"
- New Crown Decals Available at Ginfritter's Gnomish Workshop
- Wargame Vault Deal of the Day: The Underlooked Inn