WWII in the Air
When it comes to air combat, the question for gamers comes down to - how do
we handle three dimensions? Some of the solutions provided by the different
- Just push the planes around in two dimensions.
- Provide markers to indicate the height of each aircraft.
- Create stands that allow the planes to be depicted at one of several altitudes.
- Mount the planes on stands that allow them to rotate on three axes, accurately
depicting the true attitude of the aircraft.
Which answer is "right" depends on what you want to get out of the game - a quick
evening's entertainment? a complex study of military aviation? a game that looks
cool on the tabletop?
- MSD Games: Big Decal Sale
- ESLO Terrain: Summer Sale Special Offer
- Above the Clouds! Free Sample Available
- The Great Wargaming Survey 2017
- Hostile Aircraft WWI Aircraft Sale
- AtC - Fall Weiss Available
- Team Yankee Soviets, Napoleonics, Doctor Who, 10mm WWI, Savage Core & More
- Last 10 Days of Scenery for Wargames Kickstarter - 3Dprinted & Painted Versions
- Cigar Box: Double-Sided Battle Mat Kickstarter
- GHQ: Save 36% on Website Specials
- August Issue of Wargames Illustrated Available Now
- Giants in Miniature: "Pre-Order Pulp Agent & Win!"
- OMM: Summer Stretch of New Minis, Mags, Books & More
- Above the Clouds! Available
- Imagine Image Multimedia Shutting Down
- Campaign Gigant, 1898 Miniatures, Dieselpunk, WWII Tanks, Scenery Kits, Plastic Prussians & Savage Core
- Osprey: Dunkirk