Back to HISTORICAL
Since both the Napoleonic period and the American
Civil War are sufficiently popular to warrant their own
categories, that means "the 19th Century" here means
"everything else except Napoleon and Robert E. Lee."
And that leaves:
- Colonial - This is the culminating
period of Western Colonialism, pitting advanced technology against
the brave native hordes of Asia, Africa, and the Americas. The
British Empire's colonial wars are best known, but all of the
European powers (and the United States) took some role in the fighting.
- the American West - In some ways just an
extension of the Colonial Wars, this genre not only recreates the
Indian Wars of the 19th Century, but also caters to every
shoot-out and band robbery in any Western movie ever made.
- the Prussian Wars - This was also the
century when Prussia, through a series of victorious wars,
initiated the steps that would climax in the unification of
the German states.
The naval warfare of this period often falls into other
categories, as the century begins at the height of the Age
of Fighting Sail, then sees the rise of the ironclads during
the American Civil War, and ends with naval battles between
the Japanese, the Russians, and the Chinese which are often
covered by World War One naval rulesets.
Hobby News – Section Four
- Plenty of New Rules in at Caliver Books
- OMM: New Minis, Rules, Army Orgs, Books, Games & Magazines
- Caliver Books: "New Rules, Ospreys & Plenty More!"
- 28mm Pack Mules Available
- Hinchliffe Models Website Now Open
- 28mm Pack Mules & Handlers Released
- New South American Fleets for Imperial Skies
- Lancashire Games: New 10mm Dark Age Greens & Piquet Sale
- 28mm Norman Church
- Massive Rulebook Sale: Save Up to 70%
- OMM: New Minis, Rules, Uniform Plates, Books & Wargames
- More 3D Naval Guns & Fittings at TVAG
- Empires at War: 28mm Old West Additions
- Caliver: Books, Rules & More This Week
- 28mm Small Early New England House Available
- OMM: New Rules, Books & Magazines
- Single Character Figures From Victorious Miniatures