Back to HISTORICAL
Some gamers lump medieval gaming into the same category
as Ancients, but we prefer to
keep the categories split in order to highlight what is
special about this category.
Medieval gaming also overlaps with Fantasy,
since what do you get when you remove the magic and monsters from
a typical fantasy ruleset? A medieval ruleset...
The two types of medieval gaming are:
- epic scale - Big battles, such as Agincourt
and Crecy, with hundreds of knights (and thousands of poorly armed
- skirmish scale - the adventures of a small
party of warriors, whether they be Vikings rampaging across the
countryside, or a small band of the King's men fighting bandits
in the hill country.
- WWII Romanians, Martians, Weird Wild West, 19th Century Female Militia, Post-Apocalyptic Survivors, Napoleonic Cavalry, German Anti-Aircraft Tanks, Zulu War Lancers & More in the Latest Issue of WI Primetime!
- Legio Heroica: Holidays & Summer Sale
- Early Saxon Warlords Released by 1st Corps/Curteys Miniatures
- ESLO Terrain: New Releases & Kickstarter Update
- Lancashire Games: Summer Sale
- Basic Impetus 2 French Edition Now Available
- Splintered Light Miniatures: "Summer Sale!"
- First to Fight: Eureka Releases More 28mm Modern US Marines
- More Exciting News From Nocturnal Media/West End Games
- OMM: Vikings Are Coming, Plus New Books & Magazines
- Arthur & Merlin Released by 1st Corps/Curteys Miniatures
- 50% Off Plastic Sprues at Warlord Games
- Early June Stuff at Caliver Books
- Karwansaray: Latest From Our Blogs
- Pirates, Gangsters, Swordmasters, Gaming Mats, Gravestones & More in the Latest Issue of WI Primetime
- Great Hall Burning Now on Sale
- Legio Heroica Releases 15mm Seljuk Mounted Archers