Back to HISTORICAL
Some gamers lump medieval gaming into the same category
as Ancients, but we prefer to
keep the categories split in order to highlight what is
special about this category.
Medieval gaming also overlaps with Fantasy,
since what do you get when you remove the magic and monsters from
a typical fantasy ruleset? A medieval ruleset...
The two types of medieval gaming are:
- epic scale - Big battles, such as Agincourt
and Crecy, with hundreds of knights (and thousands of poorly armed
- skirmish scale - the adventures of a small
party of warriors, whether they be Vikings rampaging across the
countryside, or a small band of the King's men fighting bandits
in the hill country.
Hobby News – Section Four
- OMM: New Rules, Uniform Plates, Books, Games & Magazines
- TimeCast: Possible Delays With Orders
- Helion Wargames: Special Offer 20% Discount All Through May
- OMM: New Uniform Guides, Books & Magazines
- Printable Archers Mix 1 - Historical Available
- OMM: New Rules, Ospreys, Books & Games
- Day of Battle Games Adds POD to Products
- Lancashire Games: Hinchliffe's Prince Rupert's Charge
- Acheson Creations: "New Bulk Buy! 15mm Timber Forts!"
- OMM: New Miniatures, Art Books, Rules, Books & Magazines
- New 50mm Round Joins Array of Bases for Miniatures
- Lancashire Games' Figures
- New Bulk Buy: Coffins & Graves
- New Releases From Casemate Publishers
- OMM: New Uniform Guides, Books, Wargames & Magazines
- Printable 28mm Arab Style Buildings Available
- Fighting the Welsh: A Dark Age Solo Game Available