Help support TMP

"Blue Moon ECW Cavalry " Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the English Civil War Message Board

604 hits since 9 Feb 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Flashman14 Supporting Member of TMP09 Feb 2017 11:32 a.m. PST

… are up on their site. link

Haven't seen any announcement yet. Here's some Command pics – I think they look great!:

picture

picture

picture

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP09 Feb 2017 12:58 p.m. PST

Wow.

The horses look much better than earlier models I have.

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP10 Feb 2017 12:15 p.m. PST

Anyone know if they suffer from the "tiny horse syndrome" some have complained about?

TMP link

TMP link

Supercilius Maximus10 Feb 2017 12:22 p.m. PST

Yes, agreed on the (much) nicer horses. Having regularly criticised BM horses for their very poor anatomy/un-horselike poses (to the point of refusing to buy BM figures at all), these are a much better effort – the dragoon horse munching the grass is a splendid looking chap. If they make these horses available for the FIW and AWI ranges, I shall definitely be a customer.

This is actually shaping into a very nice range, with separate packs for figures with montero and monmouth caps which I don't think many other manufacturers do certainly not in 15/18mm. In most cases you just get them mixed with other types of headgear, which doesn't allow you to easily make up Oxford Army units, for example, which were issued monteros "en masse".

Well done, BM.

Timbo W12 Feb 2017 5:44 a.m. PST

They look great – does anyone know if they would be OK alongside traditional 15mm units eg Essex, Mattchlock etc? I imagine they'd be too big to mix in the same units.

Personal logo Flashman14 Supporting Member of TMP14 Feb 2017 6:18 a.m. PST

Cavalry appears to be not as large as the infantry making them more suitable alongside other ranges.

I ordered some this week so I'll be able to confirm later.

Oh Bugger Supporting Member of TMP14 Feb 2017 8:39 a.m. PST

True enough Flashman the horses are a bit bigger than Essex one's but the riders are about the same size. They do look nice.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.