Help support TMP

"Has anyone ever gamed The Gargoyles? " Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Horror Message Board

564 hits since 3 Mar 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

rvandusen03 Mar 2018 2:22 p.m. PST

No, not the cartoon, but the made for TV movie from 1972.

Some nice person uploaded it to YouTube -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alUFKzUuudI

In the human force are Mercer and Diana Boley, Chief and his deputy, Reeger and 4 bikers, and an unnamed dog handler with 6 dogs. There are only 3 shotguns and two revolvers. If playing the scenario from the beginning, you can have Uncle Willie, Mrs Parks, and Buddy in addition.

The Gargoyle force is a male winged gargoyle, 1 to 2 female winged gargoyles, and 10 12 Sleestak gargoyles. Since the demons don't have guns or magic powers, it would be best to give them an advantage in hand-to-hand combat,though Mercer beats down one with a rock at one point.

A fun little movie at only an hour and fourteen minutes.

M C MonkeyDew03 Mar 2018 2:38 p.m. PST

Fun movie indeed but no. have not gamed it.

Bob

Bunkermeister Supporting Member of TMP03 Mar 2018 4:20 p.m. PST

I pretty good movie but I think only a short skirmish game as presented. Like gaming gunfight at the OK Corral. It's all over in a couple turns.

Rather wait until there are 100 gargoyles and a platoon of National Guard show up. Now you are fighting.

I have gamed US Army vs Cave Monsters using Toobs cave creatures as the monsters.

picture

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
https://bunkermeister.blogspot.com

skinkmasterreturns04 Mar 2018 6:24 a.m. PST

Cornel Wilde vs the Natchinko! I actually did think about gaming it at one point but never quite got around to it.

Legion 404 Mar 2018 4:19 p.m. PST

I liked the cartoon show. Waaay back then …

Oberlindes Sol LIC04 Mar 2018 4:41 p.m. PST

I have never gamed that movie, which I think was a Movie of the Week, but I remember it from when I was a kid. It was really fun.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP04 Mar 2018 5:57 p.m. PST

Just imagine swarms of them spreading across the land … breeding within every cave and abandoned mine … and attacking every isolated desert town.

That would be epic!

Check out this 15mm guy from Splintered Light Minis:

picture

Dan
TMP link
TMP link
YouTube link

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

rvandusen05 Mar 2018 4:00 a.m. PST

Cacique, that Splintered Light figure looks like a nice stand-in for Bernie Casey.

I think in 15mm it would make quite the epic game at budget prices.

Any ideas regarding what I call the "Sleestak" (after Land of the Lost) gargoyles? It looks like there were four types – the beaked version at the foot of the bed, another beaked type with bug eyes, one with more of a beast face with horns, and the last with a spiked crest.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP05 Mar 2018 4:35 a.m. PST

Hmm. I'll have to look. Perhaps some unclothed goblins, harpies or demon "imps", if painted right?

Dan

skinkmasterreturns05 Mar 2018 7:16 a.m. PST

I doubt I'll ever game it,but I think I'll watch it again. I better be careful though, one of them Gar things might get me!

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP06 Mar 2018 4:55 p.m. PST

Lol. Watch it during the day then, with lots of friends around.

Dan

Bunkermeister Supporting Member of TMP08 Mar 2018 4:51 p.m. PST

I forgot. Twilight Creations used to make Demons. Some of them look like gargoyles.

link

picture

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
https://bunkermeister.blogspot.com

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP26 Apr 2018 8:27 p.m. PST

Rvandusen

Feeling a little bit Silurian? :)

TMP link

Dan

LostPict Supporting Member of TMP01 May 2018 9:19 a.m. PST

I remember watching that movie as a kid and really liking it. It could be a fun game.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.