Help support TMP


"Bout ready to quit Netflix" Topic


10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.


Back to the Ranting Plus Board



325 hits since 26 Feb 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Mardaddy Supporting Member of TMP26 Feb 2017 6:42 p.m. PST

Tiring of the hassle.

I have a smart TV, things were going well for years, now suddenly I cannot access Netflix at all about 30% of the time. The other 70% I have to resign in every single time as if I logged out the last time I used it. It never saves or bookmarks like it used to.

On my computer, the last week or so, trying to stream a movie I keep getting a message stating, "We are having difficulties streaming through some services."

Apparently, that is code for MY service, EVERY time.

Of course, writing down the error code and then reporting you have an issue using their form gets you another reply stating, "We cannot answer reports submitted on this forum."

So First, you try to claim it is only in "some" services when it could very well be EVERY service for all I know because it ALWAYS affects me, and when I go through YOUR own steps of letting you know the specific error, you tell me you won't answer. I am supposed to be happy with this how, exactly?

Why am I paying money for this again?

First world issue I know…

goragrad26 Feb 2017 8:01 p.m. PST

My brother has Netflix out in the boondocks and has no major problems.

There are times it runs a bit slow, not that often, but it is usually when the weather is unsettled and correlates to the local internet provider's problems.

Personal logo piper909 Supporting Member of TMP26 Feb 2017 9:32 p.m. PST

Well, now this is why I have my own library of DVDs. I watch what I want when I want, no hassles with the computer, or browsers, or logins, or streaming, or unavailability, or incompatibility, etc. Call me a throwback, but I like owning physical media.

Personal logo Mardaddy Supporting Member of TMP27 Feb 2017 5:23 a.m. PST

I own quite few DVD's myself (last count a year ago was 380) and I do rewatch often, but am wanting to see the movie offerings I did not deem good enough to spend $12 USD going to a big screen.

galvinm Inactive Member27 Feb 2017 8:09 a.m. PST

I am also a great lover of owning media. I just reorganized my DVD collection. It consists of 4 300 slot cases and 2 100 slot cases. I found out , it is time to buy another case.

The 1st case holds all my Biblical, ancient, Dark age and medieval DVD's.
The 2nd case holds musket era (AWI, Napoleonic, ACW) DVD's.
The 3d case holds WW1 and WW2 DVD's.
The 4th case holds My America at War series. This series is an amalgamation of sets of American history that cover more than one period.
The smaller cases hold movies that do not fit any of the above descriptions, such as the Quiet Man, Terminator, Aliens, etc..

Always on the lookout for more. I do not like having to rely on media that may not be available when I want it.

Hope you get your situation resolved Mardaddy. OOHRAH!

dapeters27 Feb 2017 10:00 a.m. PST

We wear having a problem with verizon and getting similar problems back 2,3 years ago went to Comcast end of problem.

Old Wolfman28 Feb 2017 8:39 a.m. PST

I've been developing quite a DVD collection myself.

Gunfreak Supporting Member of TMP03 Mar 2017 10:39 a.m. PST

I have quite a few dvds a day Blurays.
If i want good quality sound and picture its BD, the problem is i can't get American netflix anymore. I used to simply use an addon in my browser. But netflix blocked it. I've now tried for 6 months with paid proxies. And while I let's me watch American netflix some times it's extremely slow. And about half the time. Netflix has blocked the proxy. And so I'll have to wait hours or days to watch those programs that are only on the American netflix. After many times sitting down to eat a good meal only to find I can't watch what I want to watch. I gave up and I'm stuck with norwegian netflix.

Greyalexis03 Mar 2017 2:57 p.m. PST

put an extender into your house and that will help your smart TV. smart tv tend to have weak wireless antennas

Mako11 Inactive Member04 Mar 2017 1:31 a.m. PST

I'd start calling and asking for a credit every time this occurs, if not a full free month or so, after the 2nd of 3rd try/complaint call, just to get their attention.

A shame they don't work as advertised, but few things do, these days.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.