Help support TMP

"One legg jumping/walking" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Language Plus Board

290 hits since 1 Feb 2017
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Gunfreak Supporting Member of TMP01 Feb 2017 4:13 a.m. PST

So this is movement on one legg.
It's called "hinke" in norwegian.

But I can't find any English word that fits. Translating sites give limping and "bobble"
But those words are more associated "feeble and injured.
Limping would be translated as halte not hinke.

cloudcaptain01 Feb 2017 5:08 a.m. PST

Try "gimpy". It can apply to hapless people that collide with inanimate objects like door frames. We don't really have a word or phrase for choosing to move on one leg…unless the odds are against you in a butt kicking contest.

dvyws901 Feb 2017 5:31 a.m. PST

We always called it "hopping"…

Personal logo etotheipi Sponsoring Member of TMP01 Feb 2017 7:13 a.m. PST

It's fun to be a bunny, be a bunny, be a bunny, and hop hop. Hop hop.


/häp/ verb

1. (of a person) move by jumping on one foot.

Graycat Inactive Member01 Feb 2017 3:11 p.m. PST

Wasn't this one of the races encountered in 'The Voyage of the Dawn Treader'? As for bunnies, The Velvetine Rabbit had a problem with his hind legs 'being made all in one piece'

Tacitus01 Feb 2017 3:25 p.m. PST

Like in hopscotch…

Hafen von Schlockenberg Inactive Member08 Feb 2017 9:39 a.m. PST

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.