"Painting and Sculpting Videos Rant" Topic
All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.
For more information, see the TMP FAQ.
Back to the Ranting Plus Board
Areas of InterestGeneral
|haywire||22 May 2016 2:38 p.m. PST|
If you are going to create a video of your sculpting or painting techniques and we are watching your hands for 5 minutes to an hour… please… for the love of all that is holy…
CUT YOUR FINGERNAILS!!!!
Last thing I want to be watching is a highly skilled person with dirty, broken, half-inch or longer fingernails.
I understand that some people like the longer nails because they use them as palettes or a quick place to put putty.
I am not saying get a pedicure, just clean them up. It only takes a couple of minutes.
|JSchutt||22 May 2016 4:02 p.m. PST|
While we are ranting on video productions….
Jumpin' Jehoshaphat! Please make sure there isn't an annoying light source behind your head so we can't really see anything but a blurry glow around your vague features hidden in shadow!
…..and ditch the family pictures, piles of dirty laundry and disorderly kitchen counters visible in the background! A cluttered desk on the other hand is very inspiring.
…..and hold the camera still for god'z sake!
…..and secure your cats so they don't jump around doing "cat antics" during your "production" ….it's not cute!
|Terrement||23 May 2016 5:42 a.m. PST|
Strongly concur. I'd extend this to "game review and AAR videos where
1. There is clearly no script
2. You don't know what points you want to make and why
3. As such, it ends up a disjointed and incomplete piece
4. Shots are not "blocked" ahead of time to see where you want the cameras to be able to capture what you want. The actual camera work is worse than in The Blair Witch project
5. You have a few friends over who spend time wise cracking with you and making inside jokes that only they get, but add nothing to the video