Loo ran slow when flushed, so I checked the inspection cover – water had obviously leaked. Lifted it and found the hole was full.
Out came the rods – moved the blockage not far down stream. Then it stopped again – second blockage.
Used all 12 rods – nothing.
Went down Wickes – 4 additional rods £15.00 GBP or £30.00 GBP for a base set – 8 rods and the end tools.
Bought the full set in case I needed 5. Turned out I needed 3! ****!
Eventually cleared it – worries it was near the public join, and I don't know where the inspection cover for that is (somewhere under the gravel and liner at the front) and I thought I might be hitting a turn.
Filled the bath and sinks with water (with some bleach in). Poured Mr Muscle into the actual drain – its for sinks, but I thought can't hurt (used all the bottle!)
Left for 2 minutes then emptied the bath and sinks, and flushed the toilets (had also put the rods back in the drain to get them cleaned at the same time!) Also couple of buckets of water to move the "Stuff" that was left above the water flow in the inspection hole.
No real point to this post – just wanted to moan about having to spend £30.00 GBP and having to do what is literally a crappy job. At least this time I discovered it before it came out the drain by the kitchen and put "stuff" all over the patio!