Help support TMP


"Good near-future read...." Topic


6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.


Back to the Books Plus Board



440 hits since 6 Feb 2014
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member06 Feb 2014 10:18 p.m. PST

Stumbled across this one on Kindle last week (for $5 USD!).

"Chimera" is a very near-future novel of a war between China & India. The war starts in a limited fashion over the sovereignty of Tibet. Things quickly cascade out of control for both sides though.

All around a well written novel covering all theaters of battle (though about 75% of the story is about the air war, the remaining 25% covers the land, sea & political battles).

I don't really have any complaints other than the editing was horrible. I caught about 20 typos.

Other than that a thrilling read. Hope you check it out.
link

AzSteven07 Feb 2014 8:04 a.m. PST

Just read that last week – defnitely a good book

Doug em4miniatures Inactive Member07 Feb 2014 8:19 a.m. PST

Available for free from the Kindle library as well – could be my February borrow….

Doug

Terrement Supporting Member of TMP07 Feb 2014 1:31 p.m. PST

Must be UK Amazon. Ours still has a price-tag. Stil, sounds like a good read.

JJ

Doug em4miniatures Inactive Member08 Feb 2014 6:37 a.m. PST

Must be UK Amazon. Ours still has a price-tag. Stil, sounds like a good read.

JJ

The UK site has a price tag on it as well but if you're a Prime member, you can "borrow" books for free.

Doug

Shagnasty Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2014 11:17 a.m. PST

Book sounds interesting, Kindle, not so much.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.