So Path of exile is a love story and success story.
A few Kiwies decided they wanted a diablo 2 type game, and nobdoy were really making it. so the decided to make thier own.
So the started a game developer grinding gears. And made path of exile, last year it was on closed beta, now it's in open beta.
So why is it good?
1. Free, the game is totaly free, download and play, no need to spend any money, and unlike other F2P games, you can not pay to win, the only stuff you can use money on is superfecial stuff, glowing weapons ect. that has no effect on gameplay, so those that spend no money can be just as good and awesome as those that has spent hundreds of dollars.
2. it's freaking awesome, the grapichs are so superiour to diablo 3, while diablo 3 has this childish cartonny graphics. While path of exile has a dark realistic look, the shadow effects are amazing. When your in a deep under water cave, the walls are wet and slimy.
3. varried and cool maps, from beaches, swamps, churches, jungles, mayan temples, dungens, roman style city ect.
4. over 1300 passive skills.
5. no real money auction house.
6. damn fun.
So you have 3 classes, 3 "pure" klasses and 3 hybrid.
The pure classes, are Marauder(warrior) Hunter(archer) and witch (mage) these you Strength, agility and intelligence respectaly.
The hybrid are Duelist(stength and agility. Shadow, agility and intelligence, and templar, strength and intelligence.