Help support TMP

"Looking for a weird hat" Topic

3 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Reenactment Plus Board

Back to the Miscellaneous Discussion Plus Board

706 hits since 5 Jan 2010
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

iouliared Inactive Member05 Jan 2010 8:18 p.m. PST

My soon to be Russian Father-in-law has been asking my girlfriend for years for a cap that he has seen many American jazz players wear. It is like a Kufi but more of a square skull cap than the round ones I see on the internet. It is wool I believe, not loosely knitted, I imagine like the type the great T. Monk might of worn. It is not like the Afgan style, nor is it a fez. While hunting on the 'net I find the word "skull cap" used wrong, often ending up being a biker's do-rag. So what is this thing called? Didn't we have a fashion board at one time? Please help, I've even been looking on Muslim clothing sites with no luck Thanks…

aecurtis Fezian Inactive Member05 Jan 2010 11:27 p.m. PST

Try searching for "kente kufi". If "Dad" doesn't like the colors of kente cloth, then just try looking for crown style kufis.


Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.