"Marvel-Disney Mash-ups" Topic
All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.
For more information, see the TMP FAQ.
Back to the Comics and Graphic Novels Plus Board
Back to the Movies Plus Board
Back to the Broadcast Entertainment Plus Board
| Wyatt the Odd ||01 Sep 2009 8:30 a.m. PST|
The news about Disney's $4billion purchase of Marvel Entertainment has caused a fair amount of consternation but it has also proved to be a source of a lot of humorous comments and illustrations.
From Aaron Williams of Nodwick.com, we have some of the marketing ideas that could be spawned:
- The "Kingdom Hearts" all-star crossover event maxi-series with variant covers.
- "It's a small multiverse after all!"
- Douglas Adams was right: Mice DO run the universe.
- "Super Goof" and the Avengers.
- The "1602" movie will be made, but as a spin-off of "Pirates of the Caribbean."
- The next "Punisher" movie will still not be the one the fans were looking for, but for entirely different reasons.
- "Dr. Strange vs. the Wizards of Waverly Place."
- Hannah Montana IS the New Dazzler.
- Ariel the Mermaid will help Doctor Octopus reform and become a marine biologist.
- Snow White Queen and the more Modest Costume.
- Mulan and Fin Fang Foom: Tokyo Turnaround.
- Hercules Disney versus Hercules Marvel versus
oh, let's toss the Hulk at 'em.
- Secret Duckburg Wars (featuring Howard the Beyonder Duck).
- "Welcome to the Marvel Mouse Club!"
- Dumbo's Savage Land Adventure.
- WWII Donald Duck and his Howling Commandos.
- Ghost Rider: Herbie Goes Infernal!
I like his take on Galactus picture
And for some other bits of art collected from around the web:
|Shagnasty ||01 Sep 2009 9:44 a.m. PST|
|show some respect for women ||01 Sep 2009 9:48 a.m. PST|
I think this merger totally sucks. I don't want to see my plots and bad guys Disneyfied!
|zoneofcontrol||01 Sep 2009 10:21 a.m. PST|
"I think this merger totally sucks. I don't want to see my plots and bad guys Disneyfied!" – mjc
I think this may just be Disney expanding its customer base. You often read of their concerns of younger children growing out of the "Disney Phase" and into a more adolescent or adult taste. Families with tweeners and teeners often split time between Disney World and the more mature themed parks in the Orlando area. Marvel gives them characters to reach this older audience through movies (live or animated) as well as the potential of a new park like the Harry Potter park now under construction.
| Patrick R ||01 Sep 2009 10:41 a.m. PST|
Do you realise that they now have the rights to Donald Duck and Howard the Duck ???
|20thmaine ||01 Sep 2009 5:47 p.m. PST|
Now that would be a good team-up
|Old Slow Trot||02 Sep 2009 5:30 a.m. PST|
Donald Duck shouting "Excelsior!".
|Gunfreak ||02 Sep 2009 8:28 a.m. PST|
I'm looking forward to Mickey Mouse-Punisher crossover
I can't wait to see Mickey torture a street thug, or blowing the head of a drug dealer with a 12 gauge
|Greyalexis||02 Sep 2009 1:35 p.m. PST|
does anyone else remember the punisher-archie comic book, the horror
|Old Slow Trot||03 Sep 2009 5:24 a.m. PST|
The gang from "Recess" meets Thor. The Avengers team up with The Incredibles.
|bloodeagle ||03 Sep 2009 7:20 a.m. PST|
Wolverine eats Bambi. The circle of life.