So give me tips on a good service.
I prefer free at the moment, but might upgrade for certain features.
What I'd like is a blog that I could easily add to my present website (perhaps in a frame; I know how to code that, though it's a pain) and be able to maintain at least a similar look.
But in any case I need the following features:
• No advertisements (I need a family-friendly, squeaky clean appearance).
• Easy to use and maintain; type, spellcheck, proof and post.
• Customizable appearance. I'd love to be able to add the graphic elements I use on my site to the blog.
• Nothing shows up on my pages unless I put it there or authorize it!
• Photos or galleries. Don't need a lot of this, but want some!
• Robust comment software with spam and obscenity filters/monitoring.
• Minimal hassle.
I've looked at Blogger/Blogspot, WordPress, and LiveJournal. I'm not opposed to them, but I'd like opinions on 'em from others.
Thanks for any advice!