Help support TMP

"New WWII Germans From Crusader Miniatures" Topic

18 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Return to the New WWII Germans From Crusader Miniatures News

978 hits since 29 Dec 2017
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 5 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

idontbelieveit29 Dec 2017 7:36 a.m. PST

These look great!

Personal logo Scott MacPhee Supporting Member of TMP29 Dec 2017 8:10 a.m. PST

Mark is one of my favorites. It's good to see him sculpting again!

TheKing30 Supporting Member of TMP29 Dec 2017 8:39 a.m. PST

Wow – these are beautiful. I'll have to pick some up. Mark Sims is an amazing sculptor. I really enjoy his work.

28mm Fanatik29 Dec 2017 9:16 a.m. PST

Another Mark Sims fan here. I would say around 80% of my 28mm WWII collection is split roughly 50/50 between Mark Sims and Mike Owen sculpts, with Warlord comprising the remaining 20%.

Pizzagrenadier29 Dec 2017 9:26 a.m. PST

Long time Mark Sims fan here too. Some of my first 28mm WWII were his. I still get a ton of use out of his French and early war Germans. His range has exploded this year and he's added armies and unit types I had hoped he would cover for years now.

Poles, French GRDI (with bikes!), French Dragons Portes… I had asked Nick at Northstar a few months ago if Mark was going to do Germans in great coats to go with his Soviets. Nick didn't think so at the time and yet here they are.

Fantastic. I love being able to do almost a whole period of the war using only one sculptor.

abelp0129 Dec 2017 9:45 a.m. PST

Excellent news! Big fan of Mark's work. He responded to my question about his 2nd Anglo-Afghan war range and he wrote that there would be new units this year! I can't wait!

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP29 Dec 2017 10:26 p.m. PST

These are very nice. I have been wanting to do a game based on the skirmish at the end of "for whom the Bell tolls." Have needed Germans in overcoat for the Spanish guards. Rifles only. These will work well. Wish there were some standing at attention/guarding.

NickNorthStar Sponsoring Member of TMP30 Dec 2017 3:47 a.m. PST

There's this chap from Pulp Figures: link

Wargamer Blue30 Dec 2017 4:25 a.m. PST

These figures look so good.

boggler30 Dec 2017 5:30 a.m. PST

Very nice..just need some Norwegians and British in great coats to match!

NickNorthStar Sponsoring Member of TMP30 Dec 2017 6:15 a.m. PST

There's a platoon deal for these, just running through January.


legatushedlius30 Dec 2017 6:22 a.m. PST

I like his style too. Good news on the Anglo-Afghan War!

Fred Cartwright30 Dec 2017 1:51 p.m. PST

I guess I am in the minority as I find Crusader and Artizan too a bit samey in the poses. Lots of figures advancing with weapons held in front of them. For example would have liked to see an in action pose for an MG34 team, but both are advancing gun held out in front. Only 4 firing poses from the rifle and SMG figures too. Sculpting is lovely though.

DanWW2 Inactive Member30 Dec 2017 4:11 p.m. PST

Artizan do a pack containing two different 'deployed' lmg teams of Germans in greatcoats that would work well with the Crusader miniatures.

I have to agree with the 'samey' poses- the Artizan US in greatcoats are all much of a muchness, with guns held across bodies.

Wargamer Blue30 Dec 2017 4:59 p.m. PST

I would love to see Crusader cover the Belgians for early war. Warlord Games have done a half arsed effort of their range and no-one else does them.

Fotherington Thrip Inactive Member31 Dec 2017 3:08 p.m. PST

I second the request for Belgians. Having half a range is very annoying and I really like the Crusader range.

Fred Cartwright01 Jan 2018 1:53 p.m. PST

Dan the Artizan greatcoated Germans are late war with MG42's. So not really a match for these. The early war greatcoated figures are useful for Norway and Barbarossa.

DanWW2 Inactive Member02 Jan 2018 3:03 p.m. PST

The Crusader riflemen are generic enough for use from early war to the fall of Berlin- it's the MG42 that would be limited to mid- war on.

At that scale and given the weapon similarities, I'd either proxy the MG42 for the 34, or convert the barrel on the MG42 Artizan firing poses.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.