Help support TMP

"Looking for a Paint Bottle Shaker" Topic

21 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Painting Message Board

1,629 hits since 12 Jan 2007
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Eremite Inactive Member12 Jan 2007 8:57 a.m. PST

Something mechanical and automated.

Any suggestions ?

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP12 Jan 2007 9:11 a.m. PST

Robart makes one.


Personal logo Sgt Slag Supporting Member of TMP12 Jan 2007 10:10 a.m. PST

If you haven't done so already, do a search on this board for paint shakers -- there was a thread on this topic last year. Cheers!

Grizwald Inactive Member12 Jan 2007 11:22 a.m. PST

Paint bottle shaker? Now I've heard everything!!! For crying out loud guys, what's wrong the Mark 1 five digit hand?

Personal logo ColCampbell Supporting Member of TMP12 Jan 2007 11:39 a.m. PST


My thought exactly!


Streitax Inactive Member12 Jan 2007 12:05 p.m. PST

Oh, I don't know. Arthritis and stroke come to mind.

Contrarian Inactive Member12 Jan 2007 12:19 p.m. PST

I bought the Robart shaker from It works OK.


and if you buy it from Squadron, you get the added bonus of receiving their monthly catalog… for the rest of your life, apparently.

Chuckaroobob12 Jan 2007 1:32 p.m. PST

I bought one from Squadron too, special ordered through the local Hobbytown store. It works pretty good. About once a year I rotate my paints through it.

Mike At work Inactive Member12 Jan 2007 1:55 p.m. PST

"About once a year I rotate my paints through it."

That's what I would like one for. I have a lot of paints that don't get used every month.

And sometimes I can go months without painting due to scheduling..

CeruLucifus12 Jan 2007 3:26 p.m. PST

I stopped shaking my paints. I stir them. They get mixed better, have no air bubbles, paint doesn't dry on the threads and affect the seal, and the craft stick I use for stirring is fine for transferring to my palette.

Admittedly it's kept me from buying those dropper bottle brands: Vallejo, etc.

Eremite Inactive Member12 Jan 2007 3:40 p.m. PST

My wife has several hundred dropper bottle craft paints and inks.

She does card stamping and various other crafts.

She wanted me to ask around to see what was out there.

I believe she wants something to do the job for her so she has more time to make cards and such.

A better solution for her instead of having to go through the tediously messy business involved of going through each bottle stirring paint.

She has a few medical conditions which make the process painful.

dlcrcf Inactive Member12 Jan 2007 3:58 p.m. PST

Somewhere on the net is a simple one that you can make. I gathered all the parts but never built it.


CeruLucifus12 Jan 2007 5:59 p.m. PST

Eremite: "My wife has several hundred dropper bottle craft paints and inks … stirring … She has a few medical conditions which make the process painful."

Well obviously you need a shaker then. Sorry my post wasn't helpful -- there was a time I wanted a shaker, that was why I thought it might be. Good luck.

Iguana Inactive Member12 Jan 2007 7:22 p.m. PST

Watch the lab equipment section on Ebay for a Vortex mixer. If you're patient you will be able to get an inexpensive used one. It will completely mix eye-dropper type paint bottles in a few seconds. They come in single and variable speed.

rmcaras Supporting Member of TMP12 Jan 2007 10:50 p.m. PST

I have both the robart, and a stem battery power mixer. Its like a mini-stick blender. Long 6-8 inch shaft emamnating from the motor/battery compartment one holds, ending in a pentagon shape blade. meant to be inserted into bottles hit the switch and blend. Unfortunately, the diameter of the end precludes its use in the eye dropper bottles. But it fits the craft paint bottles and other bottles.

Cost around $10-13 IIRC.

DJCoaltrain13 Jan 2007 10:45 a.m. PST

Robart used to make a battery powered shaker and a wall powered model. I have one of each to allow me to shake two bottles in advance of the color I'm using. I like them, although they do make a bit of noise.

5thlancer13 Jan 2007 6:14 p.m. PST

Micro-mark also makes a paint shaker. It is available on their website at

Zephyr113 Jan 2007 8:45 p.m. PST

Use a hyperactive 8 year old on a sugar buzz…?

(Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

rmcaras Supporting Member of TMP14 Jan 2007 9:06 p.m. PST

"Micro-mark also makes a paint shaker. It is available on their website at"

that link, if you type in "paint shaker" i nthe search function, displays the Robart model mentioned above. At the bottom the of the Robart display, is the link for the cordless stirrer I mentioned. Its $10.25 USD USD; and uses 2 AA batteries.

I have used both successfully.

The Robart will hold the 2 oz craft paint bottles BTW.

wballard Inactive Member15 Jan 2007 4:03 p.m. PST

YMMV with the Robart paint shaker. Mine crapped out after about a month. With purchase and shipping I figure it cost me about $1 USD dollar for each bottle mixed.

Feudal Fighter Inactive Member20 Jan 2007 5:05 a.m. PST

I suggest you visit Hyun's website, found here:

I believe I saw a "tutorial" of sorts on an innovative way of mixing paint with an electric sander.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.