Help support TMP

"28mm corrugated sheets" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please be courteous toward your fellow TMP members.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Dioramas Message Board

Areas of Interest


Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Recent Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

Red Sable Brushes from Miniaturelovers

Hobby brushes direct from Sri Lanka.

Featured Profile Article

Report from Bayou Wars 2006

The Editor heads for Vicksburg...

Current Poll

Featured Book Review

341 hits since 24 May 2023
©1994-2023 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

bracken24 May 2023 11:50 a.m. PST

I've had a look but I'm struggling to find 28mm scale corrugated sheets. I've seen the corrugated roller but it's for 135th scale which is oversized for what I'm after. I've seen cardboard used but I'm not completely sold on it as a method. So if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
cheers Russ

Milgame24 May 2023 12:35 p.m. PST

Try this link to 1/48 scale metal corrugated sheets:


Looks like you get three 3" x 8" sheets for 6.99

Plastruct also makes them in plastic.

JimDuncanUK24 May 2023 12:46 p.m. PST

The OP is English.

Plenty of options on Amazon


Milgame24 May 2023 12:52 p.m. PST

Here's a link to a UK store, Sussex Model Centre that sells O scale (1/48) plastic sheets of corrugated metal.


rebmarine24 May 2023 3:19 p.m. PST

I've been very happy with the "crimper" tool I bought some years ago. Mine was made by Fiskars, but there are a lot of options on Amazon.


Wackmole924 May 2023 6:00 p.m. PST

Redmarine is correct go with a Crimper and thick card stock

Oberlindes Sol LIC Supporting Member of TMP24 May 2023 9:51 p.m. PST

I just use the coffee cup cuffs that Starbucks and Peet's and other places provide to keep the hot coffee from burning your hand through the cup.

Something like this:


Spray paint works well, especially light coats of gray, silver, and chrome. Then to make rust spots, you can go all Jackson Pollack and flick wet rust brown paint on them.

bracken25 May 2023 2:33 a.m. PST

Thanks guys it's much appreciated, I always seem to find either 172nd or 135th scale so thanks you all for the comments.
Cheers Russ

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.