Help support TMP

"Taking the Gembloux Gap CoC mini-Campaign: Battle 2" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please be courteous toward your fellow TMP members.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Campaign Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the 6mm WWII Message Board

Back to the WWII Battle Reports Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
World War Two on the Land
World War Two at Sea

Featured Link

Featured Ruleset

Kings of the Ring!

Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

GallopingJack Checks Out The Terrain Mat

Mal Wright Fezian goes to sea with the Terrain Mat.

Featured Workbench Article

Combatpainter's Ultimate DAK Uniform Painting Tutorial

The campaign in North Africa is one of combatpainter Fezian's favorite historical WWII theaters to game and model.

Featured Profile Article

Featured Book Review

284 hits since 22 Nov 2022
©1994-2022 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

TMP logo

Membership

Please sign in to your membership account, or, if you are not yet a member, please sign up for your free membership account.
Whirlwind22 Nov 2022 10:40 a.m. PST

Please see link for the second battle of the Too Fat Lardies' Gembloux Gap 1940 campaign, as the German 3 Schutzen Regt tries again to take the forward positions of the 110 Infantry Regt, using the 'Farquhar Variant' of the WRG Modern Rules adapted for WW2 and 6mm figures.

picture

emckinney22 Nov 2022 3:52 p.m. PST

Again, what is the "The Farquhar Variant" and where can I find it?

Whirlwind22 Nov 2022 10:02 p.m. PST

I am so sorry, did you ask before and I missed it? My apologies.

So…WRG released two WW2 battlegroup-level rules: Armour & Infantry 1925-50 (1973) with a second edition (1988); but it released three modern sets: 1950-1975 (1974), 1950-1985 (1979) and 1950-2000 (1993). The 'Farquhar' variant is the 'missing link' in WW2 rules, i.e. the 1979 Modern set reverse-engineered into an equivalent WW2 set. I know same gamers used something like this in the early 80s, with the target acquisition and 'actions' of the 1979 modern set bolted-on to the first edition of the 1925-50 set, although this variant has more to it than that. The rules aren't published yet, although one could ask for a playtest version…more details here: link

emckinney23 Nov 2022 9:07 a.m. PST

Thx!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.