Help support TMP

"6mm running figures" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please don't make fun of others' membernames.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Scale Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Recent Link

Featured Showcase Article

The Amazing Worlds of Grenadier

The fascinating history of one of the hobby's major manufacturers.

Featured Profile Article

Featured Book Review

266 hits since 17 Jun 2022
©1994-2022 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

TMP logo

Membership

Please sign in to your membership account, or, if you are not yet a member, please sign up for your free membership account.
Father of Cats17 Jun 2022 5:06 p.m. PST

Most of the 18th and 19th Century 6mm figures are pretty static. I would like to have some running figures for routed markers. They don't need to be specific for any particular era; I'd even use figures with no hats, guns, or coats under the notion that they tossed it all aside. Any suggestions?

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP17 Jun 2022 6:10 p.m. PST

Have you checked Irregular? I used to have just such figures from them.

Personal logo x42brown Supporting Member of TMP18 Jun 2022 11:06 a.m. PST

As robert piepenbrink says irregularminiatures.co.uk might be worth a look thier XT66 BASE OF ROUTERS on this link page may be promissing.

x42

Tortorella Supporting Member of TMP18 Jun 2022 1:10 p.m. PST

I have large H&R armies and often had a few extra artillery crew with no weapons. I also altered figs with small metal clippers, removing hats, weapons. Any surplus figs became routers or supply guys.

I bought a bunch of the Irregular casualty bases as well.I never noticed the router bases. All used as markers, but….

The real reason for all of this was that it has never seemed right to me that with all of the massed spectacle you get with 6mm, you never see men running away or lying on the ground. Adding these gave the game a different look. Like the American Heritage Civil War maps.

Father of Cats21 Jun 2022 4:05 p.m. PST

I ordered some Irregular routers, and they are shipping unexpectedly fast (within just a few days). I usually order Baccus, so I am anxious to see them.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.