Help support TMP

"Thinking About Buying from Tinywargames? Think Again." Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please be courteous toward your fellow TMP members.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Consumer Affairs Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Recent Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

Heroscape: Road to the Forgotten Forest

It's a terrain expansion for Heroscape, but will non-Heroscape gamers be attracted by the trees?

Featured Profile Article

Current Poll

1,154 hits since 16 Jun 2022
©1994-2022 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Light Horseman Supporting Member of TMP16 Jun 2022 8:11 p.m. PST

Multiple postings by Tinywargames on TMP prompted me to send two separate orders to this company. Service was slow and the products, when they arrived, were adequate but not exceptional. Worse, in both cases the seller sent only half the items I had purchased. Then the excuses began. Each inquiry about the missing items was met with statements to the effect that he had just mailed them, they were going out tomorrow, or he would post them soon. Nothing ever arrived. My repeated requests for postal tracking numbers were always met by silence. Finally, when I asked for refunds, the same run around…oh I will refund you today. Oh, I will refund you tomorrow. Never got the missing items. Never got the refund.

Personal logo Sgt Slag Supporting Member of TMP16 Jun 2022 9:14 p.m. PST

PayPal and CC companies will refund your money fairly quickly, up to six months after payment was made. Check with whomever you used to make the payment with to see what your options are. Cheers!

Tortorella Supporting Member of TMP16 Jun 2022 9:14 p.m. PST

Too bad, Light, and you are not the first person to report issues.

I had a good experience, my sea mat arrived pretty promptly during the pandemic, and I think it is the best looking of this kind I have seen.

But too many people keep having issues. It's too bad they don't seem to be able to get a handle on things. I hope you get you order settled.

Extrabio1947 Supporting Member of TMP17 Jun 2022 4:46 p.m. PST

Thank you, Light. I take such well-reasoned comments seriously, and they do affect my buying decisions.

Marcus Brutus26 Jun 2022 8:41 p.m. PST

I had bad experiences with Tinywargames but was thinking about taking a risk on another item because I like the product. Your comments were timely and most appreciated. Will resist the "special discount offers" that come my way from time to time.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.