Help support TMP

"Roundway Down" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the English Civil War Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Renaissance

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Profile Article

Making a Pond with Realistic Water

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian builds a pond for his campaign.

998 hits since 20 Mar 2022
©1994-2023 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

KeepYourPowderDry21 Mar 2022 12:04 a.m. PST

Latest outing for the ECWtravelogue looks at Roundway Down, and evidence of the battle is visible for the visitor link

KeepYourPowderDry21 Mar 2022 12:04 a.m. PST

Latest outing for the ECWtravelogue looks at Roundway Down, and what evidence of the battle is visible for the visitor link

Tomsurbiton21 Mar 2022 9:51 a.m. PST

Atmospheric site, I recall a reenactment there in 1993.Not a good outcome for we on the side of Parliament!

Shagnasty Supporting Member of TMP21 Mar 2022 10:19 a.m. PST

Thanks for the review and photos KYPD. We drove past the escarpment(I guess on the 342) in 1985 but could not see much of the top. As noted above, very atmospheric.

Personal logo Herkybird Supporting Member of TMP21 Mar 2022 11:43 a.m. PST

One of my favourite ECW battles, tho' I wish Sir William had beaten his friend Hopton!

takeda33321 Mar 2022 1:12 p.m. PST

Great photos and info, thank you. Well done sir!

Lapsang21 Mar 2022 3:01 p.m. PST

Tomsurbiton – I was in that Re-enactment! The best side won, although we all ended up covered in mud on either Side. Not great weather for Cavalry!

KeepYourPowderDry21 Mar 2022 7:03 p.m. PST

Thank you all for the kind words.

Tomsurbiton22 Mar 2022 10:13 a.m. PST

Lapsang, with Winchester's? Had a most enjoyable outing at Basing House with them last year, and looking to a rematch in 2022. I was with Weldons in 93, Essex now.

Lapsang22 Mar 2022 3:33 p.m. PST

Tomsurbiton – with Rawdons in '93 and still with them now. We were also at Basing last year, fighting against everybody else! Most unfair…

Tomsurbiton23 Mar 2022 9:55 a.m. PST

Yes of course, for some reason I always get you muddled with the chap from Winchester's, Dash I think. I'm friendss with Karen of Essex's.

Tomsurbiton23 Mar 2022 9:58 a.m. PST

Apologies for drifting – thank you for the post KYPD, I enjoyed it and it was very informative, besides bring back pleasant memories.

KeepYourPowderDry23 Mar 2022 9:58 p.m. PST

No apologies needed Tomsurbiton! Glad to hear you enjoyed the post. Always good to hear that my inane rambling has an appreciative audience (and your comments make a nice change from being 'blamed' for book purchases or 'encouraging' others to start a new ECW project 😉)

Lapsang25 Mar 2022 5:06 a.m. PST

At the risk of derailing the Thread further, apologies KYPD.

I am also a friend of Karen from Essexes Tom, I saw her just last Friday.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.