Help support TMP

"15-18mm Austrians, which shade of white?" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please do not use bad language on the forums.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Naval Painting Guides Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

28mm Soldaten Hulmutt Jucken

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian paints the Dogman from the Flintloque starter set.

Featured Workbench Article

Napoleonic Dragoons from Perry Miniatures

Warcolours Painting Studio Fezian paints "the best plastic sculpts I have seen so far..."

Featured Profile Article

Report from Bayou Wars 2006

The Editor heads for Vicksburg...

Current Poll

574 hits since 17 Feb 2022
©1994-2022 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Speculus Supporting Member of TMP17 Feb 2022 5:31 a.m. PST

Hello all,

I like to paint my armies in full dress uniforms usually ( so no weathered looks with mismatched trousers, etc.). With that in mind, which shade of white/off white would be recommended for Austrians? I want to have a nice contrast between the coats and trousers as compared to the cross belts that will actually be a full white.

If possible, please recommend a shade of Vallejo, as I try to solely stick to their acrylics.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Sho Boki Sponsoring Member of TMP17 Feb 2022 5:52 a.m. PST

My Austrian painting scheme with Foundry colors.
boki.ee/8BLOG/Blog_0002/Blog.htm

Maha Bandula17 Feb 2022 6:21 a.m. PST

Foundry paints are very good and well worth the additional expense. Yum.

Desert Fox17 Feb 2022 5:29 p.m. PST

Very helpful, thank you! I wold love to see more side-by-side paint color comparisons!

Speculus Supporting Member of TMP17 Feb 2022 5:41 p.m. PST

Thank you for the nice guide! That was very helpful.

mildbill17 Feb 2022 7:43 p.m. PST

Prime grey, heavy drybrush white. Thats the way Duke Seifried rolled. One time the gang was putting on a big game for a convention and so I painted up some Austrian figures for the battle. They are all white so how tough could it be, right. Well, I just couldnt seem to finish. So, I looked at the rascals and I had 3 different white on them with 13 differant colors total. I got them finished in time and sold them twice at the show. Watch out for those simple color scheme armies.

Legionarius20 Feb 2022 9:30 p.m. PST

All shades of white. From snow white for new and freshly bleached uniforms for guard troops on parade to dirty gray for veterans on campaign. White does not do well in the field. Anything goes.
Cheers!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.