Help support TMP

"[Napo-MS] Grand Duchy of Warsaw (1810 -13)" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Remember that you can Stifle members so that you don't have to read their posts.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Media Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Painting Guides Message Board

Action Log

14 Dec 2021 6:23 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Changed title from "[Napo-MS] Grand Duchy of Warsaw (1810 -13)" to "[Napo-MS] Grand Duchy of Warsaw (1810 -13)"Crossposted to Napoleonic Media board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Showcase Article

GallopingJack Checks Out The Terrain Mat

Mal Wright Fezian goes to sea with the Terrain Mat.

Featured Workbench Article

Cleopatra & L'Ocean

Monkey Hanger Fezian's motivation to paint Napoleonic ships returns!

Featured Profile Article

Report from Bayou Wars 2006

The Editor heads for Vicksburg...

630 hits since 14 Dec 2021
©1994-2022 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

SHaT198414 Dec 2021 2:05 p.m. PST

In my search for more on the early uniforms of Polish emigrés adopted or acquired in pre-Empire French service, I come across a lot of mixed sites.

This one, another of the fine Markus Stein sites plethora of authorative archival material brings us the Grand Duchy of Warsaw.

Since there are hardly any contemporary representations for the army of the Grand Duchy of Warsaw, this series by Stachowicz must be given a high level of uniformity. The five panels show groups of different types of the Polish Army from 1810 to 1813.

I'm sure Markus means, or AI translator doesn't understand context, authorative material rather than 'uniformity'.

link

Enjoy the show,
davew

Michman15 Dec 2021 12:55 a.m. PST

"muss dieser Serie von Stachowicz einen hohen uniformkundlichen Wert beigemessen werden"

Not a native German nor English speaker, but I would make this :
"a high uniform information rating must be accorded to this series by Stachowicz",
"uniformkundlichen" (uniform-knowledge) acting as an adjective for the noun "Wert" (worth, value).

Could be wrong …. very likely am wrong.

NapStein15 Dec 2021 2:08 a.m. PST

O.K. it is a rather strange word … I wanted to say that the series has a high value for uniform research of Polish uniforms.

Greetings from Berlin
Markus Stein

SHaT198415 Dec 2021 3:19 a.m. PST

<<… I wanted to say that the series has a high value for uniform research of Polish uniforms.

:-) as I expected!
regards

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.