Help support TMP

"Review of Bolt Action Italy Soft Underbelly" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please remember not to make new product announcements on the forum. Our advertisers pay for the privilege of making such announcements.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Bolt Action Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
World War Two on the Land

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Recent Link

Featured Showcase Article

Elmer's Xtreme School Glue Stick

Is there finally a gluestick worth buying for paper modelers?

Featured Workbench Article

Battlefront's BA-6 Armored Car

Dave Bennett of Lone Star Historical Miniatures paints up some WWII Soviet armored cars for TMP - and demonstrated how to use chalk for weathering.

Featured Profile Article

Normandy on the Game Table

Finally, a game that's not so flat.

Current Poll

457 hits since 23 Nov 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Must Contain Minis23 Nov 2021 10:13 p.m. PST

Recently I got my hands on a copy of Bolt Action: Campaign: Italy Soft Underbelly and gave it a review. Come check it out… link

picture

Article at… link

Personal logo SHaT1984 Supporting Member of TMP23 Nov 2021 11:08 p.m. PST

The term coined " Soft Underbelly" was a political nonsense as there was nothing soft about it.
Highly misused and misunderstood term, not at all relevant to those who fought there.
Even after capitulation those guys weren't that nice to Allied soldiers.
~d

Personal logo Cardinal Ximenez Supporting Member of TMP24 Nov 2021 2:43 a.m. PST

Thank you for the review. Sometimes I shake my head regarding Warlord. How many people have the close to 30 buildings required for the scenario shown in the OP? 🤷

Oddball24 Nov 2021 6:23 a.m. PST

I just did a Sicily '43 scenario (using Chain of Command) a couple of weeks ago. I was able to put 14 buildings on the table that "looked" Mediterranean. I was told it was a fine looking table.

link

link

link

30 buildings? Wow, that's a lot. Maybe the space in 15mm or possibly 20mm, but you are going to fill up an average size game table pretty quickly with that number of 28mm dwellings.

Old Contemptible24 Nov 2021 8:59 p.m. PST

You links are all broken. I get this when I click on them.

{"error":{"code":"EC-4008","requestId":"6ee3cfa0-4dac-11ec-c000-77ebdb866908"}}

Must Contain Minis25 Nov 2021 10:34 p.m. PST

Hi Old Contemptible. The links seem to be working now. I think there was an issue with my host this week.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.