Help support TMP

"Your Thoughts on The Wargods Rules?" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Remember that you can Stifle members so that you don't have to read their posts.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

Fantasy

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Workbench Article

An Ogre "Quickie"

fieldarchy Fezian shows the difference between a "quickie" paint job and more advanced work.

Featured Profile Article

GameCon '98

The Editor tries out this first-year gaming convention in the San Francisco Bay Area (California).

Current Poll

Featured Book Review

426 hits since 23 Nov 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

TMP logo

Membership

Please sign in to your membership account, or, if you are not yet a member, please sign up for your free membership account.
Personal logo Stosstruppen Supporting Member of TMP23 Nov 2021 6:50 a.m. PST

I had bought some Aegyptus figures some time ago to use in some sort of fantasy/egypt, or even maybe colonial explorer game. I was wondering how the rules are for the actual Wargods games? Let me know what you think compared to other similar rules.

Wackmole9 Supporting Member of TMP23 Nov 2021 7:23 a.m. PST

Hi

I played 1st edition long ago. The models are cool but rules are slow and poor laid out.

The Nigerian Lead Minister23 Nov 2021 11:28 a.m. PST

I have a couple of Wargods armies, Heru and Anubi. Nice figures. They play other games. The rules were slow and kind of clunky, but bad per se, just not exciting.

Personal logo Stosstruppen Supporting Member of TMP23 Nov 2021 12:40 p.m. PST

The figures are pretty awesome, especially the Anubi. Probably end up collecting the minis for other rules it looks like…

CBPIII29 Nov 2021 6:31 a.m. PST

Longtime WarGods player from 1st edition to the current 2nd edition and Olympus. Not sure where others are getting slow rules impressions from.

The order system with alternating activation is great. You don't have to activate your own units on your turn, you can activate your opponent's unit that was going to charge one of your units anticipating it would move into range. They fail the charge and then their target unit comes in with a charge of their own now that the enemy is closer.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.