Help support TMP

"Historicon+ - a gaming weekend" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please remember not to make new product announcements on the forum. Our advertisers pay for the privilege of making such announcements.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Showcase Article

Lemax Christmas Trees

It's probably too late already this season to snatch these bargains up...

Featured Profile Article

Funeral Report & Thanks

Personal logo Editor Gwen The Editor of TMP says 'thank you' one more time.

Current Poll

809 hits since 20 Nov 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

MarkAMorin Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2021 8:56 a.m. PST

Historicon+ more gaming last weekend. Truly a great time!

link

Oberlindes Sol LIC Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2021 9:45 a.m. PST

Looks like a good time

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2021 3:07 p.m. PST

Good report. Yes, every historical miniatures player must make the pilgrimage to Historicon at least once in his/her lifetime.

Hmmm. You realize that attending a Historicon not at the Host means you only get partial credit?

GamesPoet Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2021 3:29 p.m. PST

He jests, only because he missed this last one. ; )

- -

Thanks for the chat before your Saturday morning game. Your game looked great, and can't wait to experience it at some point. Maybe at Huzzah! 2022? That annual event is being increased from 3 days to 4 days.

HMS Exeter20 Nov 2021 4:05 p.m. PST

I do not think we can look forward to any more Historicons at the Wyndham/Host. Not unless the facility gives up on its' snazzy wedding aspirations, builds another event building on the plaza south of the old tennis barn and repaints the ceiling white.

Nah,…

historygamer20 Nov 2021 5:42 p.m. PST

I hate to say it, but I think you're right. I'd also venture a guess that was the last con at the VFCCC. I heard HMGS is priced out. To be fair, the Nov con was always the smallest and least profitable and VFCCC ain't cheap.

Borderguy19020 Nov 2021 9:17 p.m. PST

Fantastic game. After watching you paint and build everything for this game, I was extremely happy to see everything in person and get a go at Feudal Patrol.

well done, Mark. It was a great scenario, and I believe everyone had a great time. Those machinegun archers were pretty devastating. Buck had more luck with his morale than I did!

WaltOHara21 Nov 2021 7:08 p.m. PST

Oh man, I didn't realize you ran a Feudal Patrol game. There were three on the schedule that I noticed getting cancelled the day before the convention, so I thought my chances to play the game were shot. Maybe next time!

Chuckaroobob23 Nov 2021 6:05 a.m. PST

Looks great! Especially the Cortez escape game!

oldnorthstate23 Nov 2021 11:11 a.m. PST

Let me predict right now…HMGS will be back at the Host/ Wyndham within the next year.

MarkAMorin Supporting Member of TMP24 Nov 2021 9:12 a.m. PST

Thanks all for the kind feedback. I do hope to run some similar games again at other cons, like HUZZAH! and HAVOC and others. Feudal Patrol was such a nice vehicle to spring board into the Spanish Conquest – a fascinating period. Gotta repeat at another HMGS event too.

And meeting so many who have followed my progress like Borderguy190 – who got to play – and others like GamesPoet who stopped by to see the set up. I had a good time, as did the gamers, which is what is important.

Martyn K24 Nov 2021 10:28 a.m. PST

It was great to come by and meet you after following your progress on the blog.

MarkAMorin Supporting Member of TMP26 Nov 2021 9:42 a.m. PST

Thanks Martyn K! Back at ya!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.