Help support TMP

"Immortal Frequentist Blog: Historicon 2021" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please do not post offers to buy and sell on the main forum.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Recent Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

Stan Johansen Miniatures' Painting Service

A happy customer writes to tell us about a painting service...

Current Poll

Featured Book Review

423 hits since 19 Nov 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

TMP logo

Membership

Please sign in to your membership account, or, if you are not yet a member, please sign up for your free membership account.
wakenney19 Nov 2021 5:11 p.m. PST

I went, I walked, I shopped.

Hcon 2021 was fun. Masks were plentiful, drinks were expensive, and did I mention the walking.

link

Personal logo Cardinal Ximenez Supporting Member of TMP19 Nov 2021 10:22 p.m. PST

Nice haul and and a great write up. Thanks for posting. The hobby existed before HMGS and it's conventions and will continue with or without it. The number of smaller regional events and clubs that have sprung up over the last 5-10 years make it evident.

wakenney20 Nov 2021 6:24 a.m. PST

Historicon and other HGMS cons are great for what they are, but I think you are right. Smaller local cons have really started taking off and are a blast. The ODMS cons in the Williamsburg, Va area are well attended, fun many fun games, and a good selection of vendors. I hit those every time they have one now.

All of the talk on these boards and other places about COVID killing the hobby was unfounded worrying. I get the concern. But it always seemed unfounded. Were things odd during COVID, yes. But not hobby killing.

Great to see that so many others felt the same and attended Hcon.

14Bore20 Nov 2021 5:21 p.m. PST

I didn't buy 1 thing, was looking to start a project but didn't find everything I want to start it.
Kicking myself for not getting some pieces.

vagamer63 Supporting Member of TMP20 Nov 2021 11:43 p.m. PST

Yes indeed, "Williamsburg Muster" will return in 2022 at its regular time and location! We were able to hold "Guns of August" this past summer with a reduced foot print. The regular location had repairs scheduled for the Ballroom that weekend. Thus 2022 will see us back in force and ready to get our game on!! See you there!!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.