Help support TMP

"Shipping from the US to New Zealand and Australia" Topic

23 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please remember not to make new product announcements on the forum. Our advertisers pay for the privilege of making such announcements.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ancients Discussion Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

Ancients
Napoleonic

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

28mm Captain Boel Umfrage

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian returns to Flintloque to paint an Ogre.

Featured Profile Article

First Look: 1:700 Scale USS Constitution

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian looks at the new U.S.S. Constitution for Black Seas.

979 hits since 24 Oct 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

TMP logo

Membership

Please sign in to your membership account, or, if you are not yet a member, please sign up for your free membership account.
Erzherzog Johann25 Oct 2021 8:35 p.m. PST

On the morning of October 2nd, I leapt up and placed an order for a bunch of French and CotR with Old Glory 15s.

Paypal did its thing. All good in the hood at this stage.

Then I saw a news story announcing that the US Postal Service has indefinitely suspended all shipping to New Zealand (and evidently they had already cut Australia adrift).

Does anyone know any more about this, like whether there are alternative courier services being used, how long it might last etc?

Luckily this unfortunate interruption (I was looking forward to further distraction from my existing lead mountain), has meant I'm getting some of my backlog completed :-)

Cheers,
John

raylev3 Supporting Member of TMP25 Oct 2021 9:31 p.m. PST

You may want to reach out to OG15s. Some companies are looking for alternative services since the USPS won't ship right now.

pfmodel25 Oct 2021 9:37 p.m. PST

I have heard other people from New Zealand saying the same thing and gamers in Australia who ordered GHQ products almost 2 months ago and nothing has been shipped yet. Deliveries from the UK are unaffected.
link
link

Personal logo Doctor X Supporting Member of TMP25 Oct 2021 10:30 p.m. PST

Try UPS.

I shipped from US to Australia and it arrived in 8 calendar days which was 6 days faster than they quoted.

Expect to pay more. UPS had a 45% off online click when you filled out the shipping forms.

AussieAndy26 Oct 2021 12:10 a.m. PST

I placed my most recent order with OG15s in late July. It wasn't shipped until late August. Last I heard, it was stuck somewhere on the west coast of the US. It will get here one day.

Desert Rat26 Oct 2021 12:31 a.m. PST

Try YouShop. NZ Post runs a service from the USA and may be using their own transport arrangements.

nzpost.co.nz/tools/youshop

Personal logo Dal Gavan Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2021 2:09 a.m. PST

G'day, John.

I ordered a board wargame (LBdl Moscowa 3rd Ed) from Clash of Arms last month. They sent it via UPS and I had it delivered in 8 days (I live near Canberra), for the usual price and P&P, with no surcharge for using a courier. I'd happily have paid an extra $25 USD to $30 USD for getting in one week instead of the usual three to four.

So it's doable- if the company with whom you're dealing can, and wants to, make the effort.

Cheers.

Personal logo Grelber Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2021 7:50 a.m. PST

I hope this is not the shape of things to come.

Grelber

Fredloan26 Oct 2021 8:34 a.m. PST

I was told that USPS from the US to Australia is now only done as Express mail. I just shipped out figures to be painted by Dan Dunbar.

Erzherzog Johann26 Oct 2021 9:01 a.m. PST

I emailed OG on Oct 3rd and (uncharacteristically as they're typically good), I've had no response.

Slightly worryingly, the USPS said it wasn't entirely due to Covid, which does sound a little like they aren't envisaging returning to normal.

Regards,
John

Personal logo Der Alte Fritz Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Oct 2021 11:09 a.m. PST

I've had all of my Australia bound packages returned to me so I'm not trying to ship such orders until the postal situation is fixed. I don't think that my customers want to pay $60 USD+ shipping charge for a $20 USD purchase.

Phillius Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Oct 2021 11:37 a.m. PST

Seems to be the common story. Nothing coming down under from the USA at the moment. Not really sure there is a justifiable reason for it.

I shipped three orders to the USA at the start of October, from NZ, got an update about arrival of one the other day. Took the two weeks it normally takes.

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Oct 2021 1:43 p.m. PST

I cannot ship using USPS but GlobalPost is an option. It is about the same price as USPS but I ship to a local address, and they put all the necessary labels on it. I have just used it a few times so no feel yet on speed, but seems to be comparable to USPS, UPS et al.

Erzherzog Johann26 Oct 2021 4:32 p.m. PST

I'll email Old Glory again and see if I have any more success. I'm not worried, just curious.

Marcus Brutus26 Oct 2021 4:58 p.m. PST

GlobalPost looks interesting.

Personal logo SHaT1984 Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2021 9:41 p.m. PST

No.
Has been in the press for several weeks.
Intractable governmental agencies… and we thought the NZPO was bad (a previous employer..)
Due to conditions imposed I no longer employ US based resources… books come cheaper AND FASTER from the UK.

Buying discount books via Am/Ebuzz- forget it- I had to pay postage 5x the value of the "bargains" last year!
d

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP28 Oct 2021 2:12 p.m. PST

I ordered some figs from Eureka (to USA) but do not expect them for some time, until the chinese biological assault is over.

pfmodel28 Oct 2021 5:09 p.m. PST

books come cheaper AND FASTER from the UK.

I agree, getting stuff from the US is a bit difficult right now, possible, but difficult. The UK does not seem to be affected.

Alley Richard29 Oct 2021 12:33 a.m. PST

I'm in UK and waiting for 2 surface parcels from Hong Kong first posted in late May and the other late August!

Personal logo SHaT1984 Supporting Member of TMP29 Oct 2021 11:27 a.m. PST

>>The UK does not seem to be affected.

Indeed, books ordered and sent 13Oct; delvd to POBox29 Oct (ie yesterday).
Nothing wrong with that service…
Joy and delight to ensue today…
others…meh…

Erzherzog Johann29 Oct 2021 1:52 p.m. PST

I received this from Old Glory, so I think this bodes well, assuming they've been reliably informed:

"Hi John,

We cast your order and boxed it up, we are waiting for the go ahead to begin shipping again, we have been told that mid November might be the time when we can ship, if you would like us to check into someone like DHL we can, but we have checked for other people and the cost is almost double the post office, let us know.
Thanks for the business, hopefully we can get back to normal soon.

Steve"

Erzherzog Johann11 Nov 2021 10:51 a.m. PST

Well, a friend just received an order that was postmarked in August so where there's life there's hope!

AussieAndy19 Nov 2021 8:07 a.m. PST

My OG 15s parcel from August arrived a couple of days ago, so it looks like things might be improving.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.