Help support TMP

"Bill Hooks Bash - Battle reports and overview" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the War of the Roses Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Wargaming in the United Kingdom Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Renaissance

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Workbench Article

Building the Langton Anglo-Dutch British 1st Rate

Personal logo Virtualscratchbuilder Supporting Member of TMP Fezian is a big fan of the Age of Sail, and these ships really speak to him - he loves transitional eras, and the Anglo-Dutch Wars was one of those.

Featured Profile Article

Gen Con So Cal 2006 Report

Personal logo Wyatt the Odd Supporting Member of TMP Fezian reports from the final California Gen Con...

Current Poll

Featured Book Review

359 hits since 27 Sep 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Arcane Steve27 Sep 2021 4:25 a.m. PST

I have provided links below to my blog giving details of the first 'Bill Hooks BASH' held at Boards and Swords in early September. I hope that you find the reports entertaining and of use.

link

link

picture

Personal logo Grelber Supporting Member of TMP27 Sep 2021 9:32 a.m. PST

The Wars of the Roses seem like the highpoint for colorful heraldry, with their banners and tabards. Beautiful armies!

Grelber
Who has to go paint some more olive drab

cavcrazy27 Sep 2021 11:37 a.m. PST

Superb on every level.

MacColla29 Sep 2021 12:56 p.m. PST

Is that a Bourchier banner that's upside down, Steve?

Arcane Steve30 Sep 2021 4:12 a.m. PST

Hi Macolla, Well spotted! Yes, I was 'outed' for this on the day! I seem to have a habit of putting flags on upside down. I managed the same trick with my Napoleonic Brits, 2/44th Regt.

link

The good news that this was an easier fix. As it was PVA on metal, I could just 'flip' it over and slide the flag down the metal spear. I had only temporarily fixed the flag to the movement tray.

I was working on producing a batch of flags to 'pretty up' my units for the event. Sometimes more haste is less speed!

link

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.