Help support TMP

"English support to the Soviet infantry" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please use the Complaint button (!) to report problems on the forums.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

World War Two on the Land

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

GF9 Fire and Explosion Markers

Looking for a way to mark explosions or fire?

Featured Workbench Article

Featured Profile Article

Report from Bayou Wars 2006

The Editor heads for Vicksburg...

Featured Book Review

493 hits since 24 Sep 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP24 Sep 2021 9:11 p.m. PST

"On September 29, 1941, the first of the regular Arctic convoys, designated PQ -1, left Great Britain for the USSR. On October 11, 11 transports arrived in Arkhangelsk, where 193 Hawker Hurricane fighters and other military cargoes were unloaded. Among them were tanks: 20 Matilda III and Valentine II. Thus began the first deliveries of the Valentine, which became the most massive British tank in the Red Army. In February of last year, Warspot already published an article "Valentine on the update", which described the improvements in the design of the British tank, made by Soviet engineers. The new article will focus on the actual supplies of the Valentine II and Valentine IV tanks, as well as their testing and operation in the Red Army…."
UT

Main page
link

link

Armand

deephorse25 Sep 2021 1:29 a.m. PST

British support, surely? And links that are entirely in Russian, apart from the adverts, are not much use to me. I'm not going to spend time copying and pasting into a translation web page.

batesmotel3425 Sep 2021 8:28 a.m. PST

If you look at the page with Chrome, the google translate works quite well these days other than for some idioms but these are usually easily deciphered. (One in this article speaks of the "sea trials" of the Valentines. Obviously what is meant is in initial field/cross country trials in the context.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP25 Sep 2021 3:43 p.m. PST

You have to use Chrome as batesmotel34 said…

Armand

Murvihill26 Sep 2021 12:30 p.m. PST

British tanks or Canadian tanks?

deephorse27 Sep 2021 3:48 a.m. PST

You have to use Chrome

Oh I do, do I? No thanks.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.