Help support TMP

"Napoleonics Boards" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please remember that some of our members are children, and act appropriately.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the TMP Talk Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Showcase Article

The 4' x 6' Assault Table Top

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian begins to think about terrain for Team Yankee.

Current Poll

563 hits since 14 Sep 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Ravensworth14 Sep 2021 12:03 p.m. PST

Could we get some updated Nap. Boards. Seriously Empire has been out of print for I don't know how long. Can we get some of the more recent and popular rulesets with there own thread like Blucher, Et Sans Resultat etc??

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP14 Sep 2021 12:12 p.m. PST

Our group still plays Empire on a regular basis. There is also a sub-group that plays an Empire campaign, meeting weekly.

To get "more recent and popular" rules their own Board, the normal procedure is to make a Poll Suggestion. When and if the poll is run, there is a threshold of 40 "I would support this board", and it is then set up.
If you feel your preferred rules deserve their own Board, go for it!
Voting to "support a Board" means that you are willing to start threads and contribute to that Board.
Interestingly, voting against a Board in a Poll means nothing. Getting 40 positive votes is all that is required.
So if you think your rules will get 40 votes to support it, go for it!

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP14 Sep 2021 12:13 p.m. PST

BTW, if all you want is threads is there anything stopping you from starting them?

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Sep 2021 12:53 p.m. PST

You can also check the threads on the Rules Directory entries for those rule sets.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian14 Sep 2021 1:00 p.m. PST

Anything you want, on the Rules Forum, you can even start them yourself from the Rules Directory: TMP link

14Bore14 Sep 2021 5:04 p.m. PST

Many play Empire including me,and seems a new version could be coming and very hopeful it will.

Ravensworth15 Sep 2021 11:38 a.m. PST

I never said Empire wasn't played I said it was out of Print and those of us not lucky(HA) enough to have a copy are out of luck unless we want to buy a used copy and convince our group to do the same.( unlikely)

I know I can start a TOPIC. What I want is a board dedicated to some of the new rules like Empire has. Going to the Rules directory is a fine idea except many of the newer rule systems are not listed. Why is this so difficult? I thought this was the board to discuss ideas that would improve TMP. I think this would improve TMP and make it more relevant and attract new members.

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP15 Sep 2021 1:43 p.m. PST

I told you above how to get a new Board started. You have to demonstrate a need for one, and also that there is an audience.
That's exactly how I got the AWI Board started.
If you think that's too much work, well there you go.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian15 Sep 2021 7:10 p.m. PST

The Empire board will be exported to the Rules Forum one of these days.

Ravensworth17 Sep 2021 1:20 a.m. PST

John the OFM I do not own the website. I think the need for updating this site has shown itself over the years. I think the person that finds it too much work is our much maligned Editor. Example "The Empire board will be exported to the Rules Forum one of these days."

kcabai17 Sep 2021 11:01 a.m. PST

Some people are never happy unless they can criticize and whine about something.

Ravensworth18 Sep 2021 3:58 a.m. PST

I am not whining I am making a suggestion. You know TMP has this reputation and I am beginning to see why.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP19 Sep 2021 3:23 p.m. PST

Directly in the middle of the eyes…

Armand

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.