Help support TMP

"Raleigh challenges the blockade AAR" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ironclads (1862-1889) Message Board

Areas of Interest

American Civil War
19th Century

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Recent Link

Top-Rated Ruleset

On To Richmond

Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Profile Article

Editor Julia's 2015 Christmas Project

Editor Julia would like your support for a special project.

198 hits since 21 Feb 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

KSmyth21 Feb 2021 11:21 a.m. PST

Got together with a couple of my friends on Friday to play a game for the first time in three months. We had a great time. It was loosely based on the ironclad Raleigh's sortie from the Cape Fear river in 1864 that turned out quite badly. A bit more success this time. A few pics to get your attention, but a lot more in my blog post. Rules were the original 1979 Yaquinto Ironclads we've modified for 1/600 scale miniatures. The ships were a pretty even mix of Thoroughbred and Bay Area Yards.

link

link

link

link

Sundance21 Feb 2021 12:35 p.m. PST

If you want people to see it, you might want to make it public. Photobucket says you have it set to private.

KSmyth21 Feb 2021 3:26 p.m. PST

My lack of tech-fu at work here. My free Photobucket account does not allow for sharing, The first three links should be ignored. All 20+ photos are available in my blog post (link 4)

21eRegt21 Feb 2021 3:40 p.m. PST

Nice AAR. You are right, the models are very impressive. One of my favorite periods for naval combat.

Big Red Supporting Member of TMP22 Feb 2021 6:55 a.m. PST

Great looking game! Ironclads is a bit clunky but with only half a dozen guns it can still clang away. George is a master modeler indeed.

Shagnasty Supporting Member of TMP22 Feb 2021 7:53 a.m. PST

Very nice game and AAR. Nice to see the Yankees lose a naval game for a change.

Oddball22 Feb 2021 11:45 a.m. PST

Good after action. I also love the Ironclads rules, using them for years with the 1/600 Throughbred ships I have. I might "borrow" your scenario for a game.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.