Help support TMP

"2 Jericho Plates from Central Asia" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please avoid recent politics on the forums.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Dark Ages Message Board

Back to the Medieval Media Message Board

Back to the Medieval Discussion Message Board

Back to the Classical Asian Warfare Message Board

Areas of Interest

Ancients
Medieval
Renaissance

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Top-Rated Ruleset

Armati

Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

Grade My Gauls

At last! Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian finally paints the first of his Gauls...

Featured Profile Article

First Look: Barrage's 28mm Streets & Sidewalks

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian looks at some new terrain products, which use space age technology!

Current Poll

Featured Movie Review

777 hits since 7 Feb 2021
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Druzhina07 Feb 2021 9:01 p.m. PST

I was surprised to see a plate with the Jericho story from Semireçye in Central Asia found at Verkhne-Nildino was cast from the same mould as the plate with the Jericho story from Semireçye in Central Asia found at Anikovskoe. The gilding is different and there are major differences in the later engraving, particularly of the armour. See a side-by-side comparison of the Anikova and Nildin plates.

The Anikova plate is missing an axe that is present on the Nildin casting.

mirror site
Jericho Plates found at Verkhne-Nildino and Anikovskoe, from Semireçye in Central Asia, 9th-10th century.

Druzhina
Plates with figures from Persia and Central Asia

GurKhan08 Feb 2021 2:41 a.m. PST

Well, well – I never realised that there were two of them! Very interesting find, Druzhina, thanks.

The Last Conformist09 Feb 2021 8:54 a.m. PST

I've seen a lot of spellings of Semireçye, but I don't recall seeing this particular one before.

Druzhina10 Feb 2021 1:52 a.m. PST

The 1st image I put up of the Anikova plate was from Armies of the Caliphates 862-1098 by David Nicolle.
He uses "Semireçye".

Druzhina
9th Century Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.