Help support TMP

"[Fr_1805] Marechal Berthier -Chef de l'Etat-Major-" Topic

3 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Painting Guides Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Top-Rated Ruleset

La Grande Armee

Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

28mm Captain Boel Umfrage

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian returns to Flintloque to paint an Ogre.

Featured Workbench Article

Cleopatra & L'Ocean

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian's motivation to paint Napoleonic ships returns!

Featured Profile Article

Report from Bayou Wars 2006

The Editor heads for Vicksburg...

Current Poll

317 hits since 17 Dec 2020
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo SHaT1984 Supporting Member of TMP17 Dec 2020 9:03 p.m. PST

Looking at the full household eventually, I'm seeking to identify the uniforms of the various retinue.
Starting with ADCs who were 'on duty' on or close to day of battle:

Marechal Berthier (Minister of War)
ADC's *1

Major? Girardin d'Ermenonville Aptd-03 (18e Drag but Hussar dress)
Capit de Colbert-Chabanais (Edouard) Aptd-05? (3e Drag)
Capit Lejeune (Louis-François) Aptd-0? (?)
Adj-Cmdt Dalton Aptd-0? (5e Drag)

*2 – There's a whole bunch more of the 'á la suite' roster available, who were given roles and duties as needed on the day.

I'm also looking at what actual formed troops may have been close; Gendarmes de l'elite' of course; and the elite company of the 21eme Dragons were on headquarters security detachment, charging later in the day with Boyés Dragoons (3e Division).

I've given their respective regimental affiliations, but I do not expect they'd be wearing those, like Girardin in hussar dress (not sure where I got that reference but it's in my notes).

*3 – I'm also doing same for M. Bessiéres as General-Commandant of the Imperial Guard. While it would be easy to just paint up a bunch of Chasseur officers, I'm sure the egalitarian Marshal would have spread his favour among the chosen regiments, subject to the Emperors permission of course.

Being less than Generaux, many of these ADCs fly below the radar when it comes to being documented.
Many thanks,
dave

Personal logo SHaT1984 Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2020 11:47 p.m. PST

I now see that Lejeune listed as a Capitaine is shown by Bucquoy to be an ADC as Chef d'Escadron.

For Mal. Bessiéres immediate ADCs, Major de Laville I can't place with any history or heritage.
His other two ADC's, CdE/ Major Barbanegre (Jean Baptiste) and Capt Desmichel both appear to be from the Chasseurs.
I'm anticipating some diversity of corps, but perhaps not!?

regards
dwine

Personal logo SHaT1984 Supporting Member of TMP28 Feb 2021 4:24 p.m. PST

Still looking… <:-|

Of course I was wrong in comment above including "Gendarmes de l'elite' of course" at all.

However on the ADCs, nothing forthcoming. Major de Laville for Bessiéres particularly missing, in or out of action, it seems.

regards
dcup

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.