Help support TMP

"Artillery contingents of the Barryat of Lyndonia" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
18th Century

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

The Amazing Worlds of Grenadier

The fascinating history of one of the hobby's major manufacturers.

Featured Book Review

361 hits since 21 Nov 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Arteis0221 Nov 2020 1:49 a.m. PST

In Part 8 of my series of blog postings in which I'm reviewing the armies of my ‘imagi-nation', the Barryat of Lyndonia, I take a look at the artillery contingents.

Rather than having its own army, my imaginary eighteenth century state contracts its troops from real-life European countries of the time.

The Barryat's artillery contingents come from Britain and France – which has no doubt led to many a fisticuffs argument in local hostelries when carousing gunners from these two habitual enemies run into each other!

These are 1/56 (near enough to 28mm) models by Crann Tara and Minden Miniatures.

There are more pics and info on my 'Dressing The Lines' blog: link

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

More pics and info on my blog: link

Personal logo Grelber Supporting Member of TMP21 Nov 2020 10:00 a.m. PST

The painting is great!
For some reason, I particularly admire the way the gaiters came out.

Grelber

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP21 Nov 2020 11:17 a.m. PST

Very nice – even including battalion guns; well done!

Arteis0221 Nov 2020 12:28 p.m. PST

I must apologise to Fife and Drum Miniatures – it is this US company who make the large guns and limbers in my posting above, not Crann Tara. The latter company carries their range in the UK, from where I ordered my models.

It is confusing when more than one company produces such exquisite figures that all fit so well together, that you then can't identify which company made them! Well, that's my excuse, anyway!!!

historygamer21 Nov 2020 2:08 p.m. PST

Very nice.

Personal logo Der Alte Fritz Sponsoring Member of TMP22 Nov 2020 7:55 a.m. PST

Rollie: it's called synergy 8^) . Graham and I both cover various eras of the 18th Century and there is some overlap from time to time. For example, I added Mohawk Indians for my Saratoga range that can also be used in Graham's FIW figure range. This way, neither of us has to sculpt both Mohawks and Hurons for our figure ranges.

It helps that Richard Ansell sculpting both ranges helps and Graham is a fine gentleman to work with.

Colonel Bogey Supporting Member of TMP23 Nov 2020 3:22 a.m. PST

They are wonderful models

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.