Help support TMP

"Who makes a good 28mm Mohawk female chief?" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the French and Indian Wars Message Board

Back to the American Revolution Message Board

Areas of Interest

18th Century

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Recent Link

Top-Rated Ruleset

Brother Against Brother

Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

28mm Acolyte Vampires - Based

The Acolyte Vampires return - based, now, and ready for the game table.

Featured Workbench Article

Cleopatra & L'Ocean

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian's motivation to paint Napoleonic ships returns!

Featured Profile Article

Visiting with Wargame Ruins

The Editor takes a tour of resin scenics manufacturer Wargame Ruins, and in the process gets some painting tips...

616 hits since 16 Nov 2020
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP16 Nov 2020 10:55 a.m. PST

On another site, someone proposed that I do a game based on the aftermath of the Wyoming.
Queen Esther (Esther Montour) allegedly bashed in the brains of 10-40 (numbers vary) settlers who survived the Battle of Wyoming.
There's a historical marker on 6th St in Wyoming Pa, marking the Bloody Rock, or Queen Esther's Rock.
The story is gruesome, and might even be true. Maybe.

Anyway, the scenario involves settlers who escaped the battle attempting to rescue those unlucky lads.
Anyway, I have tons of militia, tons of Indians but no Queen Esther.
Suggestions?

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP16 Nov 2020 11:41 a.m. PST

While not historically accurate, there are these:

link

link

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP16 Nov 2020 11:58 a.m. PST

Nice figures, in fact I just discovered that need them. grin
But not quite Esther Montour.

Grelber16 Nov 2020 12:52 p.m. PST

I bought a package of Old Glory's Plains Indian Villagers link to go with my Skraelings. They are mostly going about their peaceful way--there certainly aren't any women energetically bashing people upside the head. If it looks like there is something you could convert, though, let me point out that I only painted up half the bag and had no problem selling the other half here on TMP.

Dixon has an Apache woman running and shouting link who might be given a club.

They also have a woman firing a revolver link Who would have to be converted to be on foot and to carry a club.

Oh, yes, Colonel Bill's has a Plains Indian type woman warrior link Who would probably be taller than your other figures.

Grelber

Red Jacket Supporting Member of TMP16 Nov 2020 1:52 p.m. PST

Which Queen Esther are you looking for, tall and slim or short and solidly built? I have seen both descriptions. Have you considered a conversion, a female head on one of the wonderful Perry chiefs?

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP16 Nov 2020 2:07 p.m. PST

I'm not picky.

7th Va Cavalry24 Nov 2020 9:02 p.m. PST

That's BS, he's looking for HOTT Queen Eshter. I've seen the care he takes painting the bosom of many a female pirate!

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP24 Nov 2020 9:34 p.m. PST

If a HOT Queen Esther is available, of course I'll take her.
But the field is limited. Sadly.
Sadly, Esther Montour had a fully grown son who unfortunately got hisself kilt.
Which would require a deranged middle aged woman, living on the frontier. Not exactly Scarlett Johansson.

Bill N25 Nov 2020 10:28 a.m. PST

I was going to suggest looking at female pirates as a potential source for a paint conversion.

I have no idea how high status women in the Six Nations during the late 18th century wore their hair. I think though that European clothing was becoming more common among the nations in the east as the century wore on. A female pirate with bare feet and slightly worn baggy clothing might work if you replaced the cutlass with a war club.

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP25 Nov 2020 11:42 a.m. PST

I laughed when I saw the "Indian" reenactors at the Wyoming Massacre and Craft Show. I thought they looked like Pirates of the Caribbean.
So, maybe a female pirate for Esther Montour is the way to go.

historygamer Supporting Member of TMP25 Nov 2020 3:51 p.m. PST

When was this? We did a pretty big event up there in 2013, but it was semi private.

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP25 Nov 2020 4:55 p.m. PST

Maybe 20 or more years ago. I'm guessing by how old the kids were.

historygamer Supporting Member of TMP27 Nov 2020 1:22 p.m. PST

We did a bigger one several years before the 2013 event. I don't recall Indians, but maybe. This would something along the lines of 600+ men.

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP27 Nov 2020 1:37 p.m. PST

It was probably in the 90s. All the boys got tomahawks.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.