Help support TMP

"1/72 battle between Empire and Orcs for Orctober" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Gallery Message Board

Back to the Plastic Army Men Message Board

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Back to the 20mm Fantasy Message Board

Areas of Interest

General
Fantasy
Toy Gaming

Featured Hobby News Article

Top-Rated Ruleset

Man O'War

Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

Modular Buildings from ESLO

ESLO Terrain explains about their range of modular buildings.

Featured Book Review

Featured Movie Review

460 hits since 30 Oct 2020
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Philotep31 Oct 2020 6:25 a.m. PST

Hi gentlemen. Since my 1/72 WFB army is painted, I can show them all at once, standing their ground, then in battle against the Orcs.

The Talabecland army, defending a village north of Talabheim:

Then the Orcs arrived, and the battle begun:

The complete battle report here: philotepsfigures.blogspot.com/2020/10/orctobers-battle-empire-vs-orcs.html

Personal logo PaulCollins Supporting Member of TMP31 Oct 2020 7:17 a.m. PST

Great looking armies, especially, in 1/72. Thanks for the write up.

Andrew Beasley31 Oct 2020 11:38 a.m. PST

Some sweet models you have there :-)

Sgt Slag31 Oct 2020 6:28 p.m. PST

Holy Craft Paint, Craftman!!! That is some of the finest painting I've ever seen… Your game looks like a diorama. I know they're likely all plastic mini's, but I still would be very apprehensive to game with them. Not a criticism, just being honest. That quality of paint work scares me to even think about touching the figures, for fear of damaging them.

Incredible figures, terrain, etc. That is the whole package. Stunning, really. Just stunning. Thank you, for sharing. Cheers!

Philotep04 Nov 2020 1:40 p.m. PST

Thank you very much for your kind comments :)

Yes, they are plastic indeed, andI must admit that the halberds are a bit fragile, but the acrylic paint stays well on the minis, and even better if you add a layer of matte varnish. I regularly let some of the minis fall on the floor (it was an accident, I swear :)), and they get no damage.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.