Help support TMP

"Quiet Weekend at TMP" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the TMP Talk Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Showcase Article

Coverbinding at Staples

How does coverbinding work?

Featured Workbench Article

Painting Pintos

A guide to how Stronty Girl Fezian paints piebald and skewbald horses.

Featured Profile Article

Remotegaming

Once Gabriel received his digital camera, his destiny was clear he was to become a remote wargamer.

Current Poll

Featured Book Review

486 hits since 17 Oct 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian17 Oct 2020 6:34 p.m. PST

Sorry if there wasn't any Hobby News stories running on TMP this weekend.

I live in a wonderful old home (built in 1897 – that's considered old here), and had an electrician over to update the light switch in our entry hall. It's a rotary switch of a type no longer made.

When we went to turn off the breaker for that light, we had an adventure figuring out which breaker controlled that light! The electricity was updated by the previous owner, and in the process, the front entry light somehow ended up on the circuit for my computer office and workroom in the back of the house!

So I was 'out of electricity' for a while. But I'll be back to work on Monday early!

In other news, Editor Gwen is back at work after a few weeks off due to pandemic and equipment issues. However, Editor Dianna is still off work for the same reasons.

Personal logo PaulCollins Supporting Member of TMP17 Oct 2020 7:25 p.m. PST

Have the rare relaxing weekend!

Oberlindes Sol LIC Supporting Member of TMP17 Oct 2020 7:28 p.m. PST

Extended Indian summer here led to an all-afternoon bike ride to run our errands, instead of driving. It was actually hot enough to enjoy a milkshake, which is pretty unusual here.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian17 Oct 2020 7:50 p.m. PST

Have the rare relaxing weekend!

I did watch the wife feed baby goats and a calf, that was relaxing! But no cow-hugging

jurgenation Supporting Member of TMP18 Oct 2020 1:10 a.m. PST

Enjoy.

Personal logo Panzerfaust Supporting Member of TMP18 Oct 2020 11:14 a.m. PST

I recently had a couple of repairmen working on my furnace. The electrical shut off is one of those old timey knife switches that looks a little like something out of a Frankenstein movie. Both repairmen were afraid to touch it.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian20 Oct 2020 12:17 p.m. PST

I've got one of those on the furnace, too. In a metal box, hanging from the ceiling.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.