Help support TMP

"CoC Last Stand on Opium Hill campaign" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII in the Pacific Message Board

Back to the 20mm WWII Message Board

Back to the WWII Battle Reports Message Board

Areas of Interest

World War Two on the Land
World War Two at Sea
World War Two in the Air

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

G.I. Commander

Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

Gaso.line's 1/48th Scale German Tank Hunters

The first sample from Gaso.line's new Master Fighter pre-painted 1/48th scale series.

Featured Workbench Article

Back to Paper Modeling - with the Hoverfly

The Editor returns to paper modeling after a long absence.

Featured Profile Article

War at Sea First Game

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian tries the naval wargame in the Axis & Allies series.

Current Poll

Featured Book Review

307 hits since 16 Oct 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

TacticalPainter0116 Oct 2020 9:05 p.m. PST

We kicked off a new campaign this week Last Stand on Opium Hill. It's a four map campaign based in Singapore in 1942 written specifically for Chain of Command by Mark Backhouse and published in Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy magazine (issue 101). This gives me a chance to use my recently painted Far East tropical British platoon for the early part of the war and get geared up for the forthcoming Far East Handbook.

Here's the AAR for the first game Last Stand on Opium Hill Scenario 1

picture

picture

picture

picture

saltflats192916 Oct 2020 9:26 p.m. PST

Very good

foxbat17 Oct 2020 3:32 a.m. PST

Great AAR, thanks for sharing

BillyNM19 Oct 2020 10:05 a.m. PST

That was a bit of brute force engagement. I was surprised the Japanese didn't take more casualties when the dug-in troops opened up. Also the I think the defender's casualties were again penalised by the odds of being killed not changing between light and heavy cover.

TacticalPainter0119 Oct 2020 1:53 p.m. PST

That was a bit of brute force engagement. I was surprised the Japanese didn't take more casualties when the dug-in troops opened up. Also the I think the defender's casualties were again penalised by the odds of being killed not changing between light and heavy cover.

Despite those odds I still preferred to focus my fire on the unit in light cover as the odds of greater shock increase the chance of breaking the section.

The entrenched squad fired once but I was able to return fire on the section in the plantation with the fire from four squads (one overwatch in the British phase, followed by all three squads in the Japanese phase). That was enough to inflict casualties and shock and break the squad, all before the entrenched British could fire again. I was trying to avoid a protracted firefight with the dug-in section as the odds were against me over time.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.