Help support TMP

"Old Glory Apaches PAINTED?" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Painting Guides Message Board

Back to The Old West Message Board

Areas of Interest

19th Century

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Showcase Article

Turkish Keyk-Class Patrol Digs

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian finally dips his toe into the world of Aeronef.

Current Poll

804 hits since 18 Sep 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pan Marek18 Sep 2020 3:19 p.m. PST

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the Old Glory 25mm Apaches. The photos on their site are awful. Too far away and bare metal.

Anyone out there have decent photos of these figs painted up?

gisbygeo18 Sep 2020 4:17 p.m. PST

I don't have any photos, but the OG Apaches are great. They are far better than the OG Plains Indians.

They came out about the same time as the Foundry Apaches, and mix well enough that I have to actually look at them to tell them apart. (as opposed to at-a-glance)

Personal logo Grelber Supporting Member of TMP18 Sep 2020 4:51 p.m. PST

Old Glory UK no longer seems to have lots of photos of painted figures for some of the range! That used to be my go to solution to your problem, Pan Marek. They do have a gallery, but it currently contains photos of painted Plains Indians, but no Apaches.
Sorry about that.

Grelber

nnascati Supporting Member of TMP18 Sep 2020 5:24 p.m. PST

I painted a bunch for my regular client. Decent figures, not great. Sorry though, no photos.

raylev318 Sep 2020 9:39 p.m. PST

One thing that has always amazed me about OG is that, although they look strange, they paint up amazingly well! I can't speak to the Apaches, but I'd go for it based on my experience with multiple other OG lines. For a balance between cost and quality, OG is pretty good.

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP19 Sep 2020 5:57 a.m. PST

A friend had some Apaches; they painted up really well.

Personal logo PaulCollins Supporting Member of TMP19 Sep 2020 8:50 a.m. PST

La Gloire Magazine #1, the OG magazine, had the Apaches featured. They looked good painted up. The issue is still available for $7 USD on the OG site.

Pan Marek19 Sep 2020 9:59 a.m. PST

Thanks all!

gisbygeo20 Sep 2020 10:46 a.m. PST

Dusty, with old paint I don't love….

link

Pan Marek20 Sep 2020 11:29 a.m. PST

Gisbygeo-

Yes, but I finally have an idea of what the sculpts look like! And although not as full of personality as the Foundry, they're pretty good.

Thank you very much.
Makes me wonder why OG doesn't post some painted ones on their site. I think it would help sell them.

Legionarius20 Sep 2020 2:04 p.m. PST

I have Old Glory Apaches. They are very nice and they mix well with Foundry.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.