Help support TMP

"A new army arrives..." Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

Modular Buildings from ESLO

ESLO Terrain explains about their range of modular buildings.

Featured Profile Article

Remotegaming

Once Gabriel received his digital camera, his destiny was clear he was to become a remote wargamer.

647 hits since 13 Sep 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Lonely Gamer13 Sep 2020 6:28 a.m. PST

Well after three nights of my rubbish painting the first part of my new Dwarf army is done ( apart from the bases! )
This will be used for several Fantasy rules sets.
I have put some pictures and some details of the army on my site.

link

picture

Kropotkin303 Supporting Member of TMP13 Sep 2020 6:58 a.m. PST

Good painting Gamer. Sturdy chaps all.

advocate13 Sep 2020 8:37 a.m. PST

Better than mine. Certainly good enough to play with, and better than many.

Oberlindes Sol LIC Supporting Member of TMP13 Sep 2020 10:53 a.m. PST

They look good to me.

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP13 Sep 2020 11:01 a.m. PST

As a long time Dwarf player I wholeheartedly approve – great looking army, love the unifying blue colour and outstanding mix of troops

As for your adversaries – Baruk Khazd! Khazd ai-mnu!

cavcrazy13 Sep 2020 5:24 p.m. PST

I don't game fantasy, but if I did, I would want those dwarves. Beautifully done.

Lonely Gamer14 Sep 2020 4:07 a.m. PST

@Kropotkin303 thank you.

@advocate my painting standard is aimed at the "arms length" quality I almost manage it. Good enough to play with though :O)

@Oberlindes Sol LIC thank you.

@Frederick thank you, I wanted to try and tie the whole army together with a basic colour and I think it works ok… and Baruk Khazad!! ;O)

@cavcrazy thank you, this is my toe dip into fantasy after a very long time away, and so far it seems ok, lots of options out there for fantasy rules.

Personal logo Bashytubits Supporting Member of TMP14 Sep 2020 6:42 a.m. PST

If you ever play Dragon Rampant with anyone that army is perfect for those rules as well. Nice army.

Sgt Slag14 Sep 2020 7:55 a.m. PST

I am an army painter, and I never paint to this level of detail. Fine work. Better than is necessary, IMO. GEtGW: Good Enough to Game With, at arm's length. Anything beyond that, is unnecessary… >;-)

If you are familiar with D&D rules, I would highly recommend 2e BattleSystem rules: cover everything, including the kitchen sink; explains how to create stat's for non-standard troop types, war machines, etc.; bucket-o-dice game, which is really fun to roll 30-60, d6, at a time (use a Dice Tower, or a Tray, to keep them under control!), then wait, anxiously, for your opponent to roll Armor Checks to see how many of your Hits drove home…

The rules cover everything imaginable, and they're inexpensive, in PDF format. Cheers!

Lonely Gamer15 Sep 2020 2:09 p.m. PST

@Bashytubits thank you, I have heard about the rules but never played… its now on my "to try" list ;O)

@Sgt Slag thank you, never seen the 2e Battlesystem rules before so I will have to try and see what they are like and how they play.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.