Help support TMP

"TMP Back to Full Speed Soon" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the TMP Talk Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Showcase Article

Derivan Paints: Striking It Lucky With Colour

Sometimes at a convention, you can be just dead lucky and find a real bargain.

Featured Profile Article

Report from Gamex 2005

Our Man in Southern California, Wyatt the Odd, reports on the Gamex 2005 convention.

Current Poll

738 hits since 12 Sep 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian12 Sep 2020 7:19 p.m. PST

Just a quick update to let you know that the latest Windows update crashed my system, so I'm waiting for the tech guys to get a look at it.

Meanwhile, I'll still be moderating the TMP forums, but not much else will happen until my regular system is back.

And, because lightning never strikes twice, Editor Dianna also has limited internet access due to a broken laptop which the tech tells us cannot be repaired… and since her area is going on a 24/7 lockdown, she won't even be able to leave her apartment for the next week.

And, because lightening never strikes thrice, Editor Gwen is also offline due to equipment problems.

You have to keep a sense of humor sometimes… grin

Oberlindes Sol LIC Supporting Member of TMP12 Sep 2020 8:47 p.m. PST

We feel your pain!

Twilight Samurai Supporting Member of TMP12 Sep 2020 9:42 p.m. PST

Of course, ludicrous speed would be the gold standard we should all strive for.

picture

Ed Mohrmann Supporting Member of TMP13 Sep 2020 4:11 a.m. PST

An epidemic of broken laptops ! Had to replace mine and
wife's within past month.

Broken screen in each case.

Personal logo The Virtual Armchair General Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Sep 2020 1:59 p.m. PST

And I'm just coming off the same "Windows 10 Update" that crashed my system in whole or part for just over a month.

Another example of how "free" can be more costly than any price imaginable.

TVAG

Syrinx013 Sep 2020 5:53 p.m. PST

Interesting that TMP access spiked to over 1100 visits today when it has been between 50-300 most days in September. Did I miss a controversy or has the news you can't log in caused a surge? grin

No idea what caused me to look at statistics in the first place but the spike was interesting.

Sho Boki Sponsoring Member of TMP16 Sep 2020 7:17 a.m. PST

Ahh.. this is why advertises don't appear anymore.
Force majeure.
Forums are now opened for advertisers until crisis is over? ;-)

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian16 Sep 2020 2:44 p.m. PST

Do you mean Hobby News? Service will be restored as soon as my systems are reset.

tippecanoe816 Sep 2020 6:41 p.m. PST

I don't worry about Win 10 updates. I installed Linux on my computer, happy and easy ever since :)

Sho Boki Sponsoring Member of TMP18 Sep 2020 2:38 a.m. PST

Hurreigh! Hobby News are back! :-)
My last Low Priority News are uploaded but previous High Priority one about new released set still missing.

Sho Boki Sponsoring Member of TMP22 Sep 2020 3:03 a.m. PST

How things going? Can we see the end of Force Majeure soon?
My High Priority news, posted week ago, still missing.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.