Help support TMP

"Battle of Kousseri 4'22/1900" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Media Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the Victorian Colonial Board Message Board

Areas of Interest

19th Century

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Savage Wars of Peace

Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Showcase Article

More 15mm Boxers from Cellmate

Tod gives us another look at his "old school" Boxer Rebellion figures.

Featured Workbench Article

Scratchbuilding a VSF USS Meade

Building a flying two-turret monitor from scratch, inspired by Space: 1889.

Featured Profile Article

New Gate

sargonII, traveling in the Middle East, continues his report on the gates of Jerusalem.

Current Poll

Featured Book Review

438 hits since 2 Aug 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

marco56 Supporting Member of TMP02 Aug 2020 9:52 a.m. PST

Anyone know of any books in English that describes this battle and campaign? I can't find too much. link
Mark

ChrisBBB2 Supporting Member of TMP05 Aug 2020 10:54 p.m. PST

This is in French (sorry) but adds a little more detail than the Wikipedia page has:
link

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://groups.io/g/bloodybigbattles
bloodybigbattles.blogspot.com

agplumer07 Aug 2020 11:20 a.m. PST

The Courier did a multi-part series on the French-Rabih War back in the nineties or early 2000s, I believe. It covered everything a wargamer would need. I have a photocopy packed away somewhere between 2 storage units and my in-laws. We are between houses until November. There also is a book "The Life and Times of Rabih Fadl Allah" by W.K.R. Hallam, 1977. I have read this and it is probably the best English language history available. If yo have access to a university library you may be able to get it through inter-library loan, depending if the libraries are going to be open because of COVID.

marco56 Supporting Member of TMP12 Aug 2020 11:32 a.m. PST

I found a copy of The life and times but was in Israel and over $100 USD which is too much for me but thanks guys for your help.
Mark

Personal logo FlyXwire Supporting Member of TMP13 Aug 2020 6:35 a.m. PST

Great tip AGPLUMER!

Marco, you can get Courier magazine PDFs over on Wargames Vault.

I did a search, and apparently issue #87 has the 1st part of the Rise and fall of Rabih Fadi Allah, and follow-up "African Warlord" articles in #88, & 89.

SgtGuinness Supporting Member of TMP16 Aug 2020 5:33 p.m. PST

FlyXwire, great find! Once again the wargaming community comes through for a fellow gamer.

Marco56, please let us know if the Courier's have the needed data as I'd order them too if so.

Cheers,
JB

marco56 Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2020 12:08 p.m. PST

Thank you I will check it out tonight and report back.
Mark

marco56 Supporting Member of TMP20 Aug 2020 7:38 a.m. PST

Well I bought all 3 issues in PDF format at $3 USD per issue.I also found copies on on ebay that I bought as I can't print them out right now as my printer is messed up.I prefer the real thing to reading them on a computer.Seems to have some data in them.Last issue has OB's for scenerios Thank you FlyXwire for your help and everyonr else too.
Mark

SgtGuinness Supporting Member of TMP20 Aug 2020 9:20 a.m. PST

Marco56, thank you for the update! I will order them as well.

marco56 Supporting Member of TMP23 Aug 2020 10:32 a.m. PST

I saw a couple of books on Lamy but they are in French.
Mark

marco56 Supporting Member of TMP01 Sep 2020 5:14 a.m. PST

Even though I got the courier copies in pdf I also got the print copies off of ebay. Give me a physical copy of a book or magazine anytime.
Mark

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.