Help support TMP

"[Allies- 1813-14 Napoleonic] A Variety of Corps" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Getting Started with Napoleonics Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

GallopingJack Checks Out The Terrain Mat

Mal Wright Fezian goes to sea with the Terrain Mat.

418 hits since 1 Aug 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo SHaT1984 Supporting Member of TMP01 Aug 2020 5:32 p.m. PST

Historical Gaming- Allies
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPLTcdG

A new album with a catalogue of figures 'in reserve' for some time.

Another foray with the camera will bring a different army to the fore, but these at least are being resurrected for now as I take a rest from detail driven French forces.

Enjoy
davew cup

La Belle Ruffian02 Aug 2020 5:06 a.m. PST

I've just been looking at your French Dave, they take me back a bit. Looks like you've got your work cut out with the Allies.

Garde de Paris02 Aug 2020 7:19 a.m. PST

I don't see anything for SHaT1984 except a (stifled).

Why?

What did he do?

GdeP

La Belle Ruffian02 Aug 2020 9:03 a.m. PST

I'm not sure why you stifled him, but easy enough to reverse the process by clicking on his name.

bobspruster02 Aug 2020 12:32 p.m. PST

Great stuff….But that Russian infantry….Crimean War?!

Personal logo SHaT1984 Supporting Member of TMP02 Aug 2020 3:21 p.m. PST

Great stuff….But that Russian infantry….Crimean War?!

Thanks. Suppose they could be- but they're supposed to be winter dress ~ greatcoat and forage cap.

As explained in decsriptions, not my painting but I'm using 'nostalgia' units as made by the originator.

Can't link direct to source, but drill down
link 25/28mm / 10 Napoleonic/ Russian Infantry -
Detail: Musketeer In Greatcoat Advancing. Unit Number: RN1
There's a 'View' button at right that displays photo.

Looks like they've remoulded it, so a better figure than my originals (now 28mm size). All I need create a a couple of command bases.
Cheers d
vodka

Personal logo SHaT1984 Supporting Member of TMP02 Aug 2020 3:31 p.m. PST

I've just been looking at your French Dave, they take me back a bit. Looks like you've got your work cut out with the Allies.

Thanks Ruffian.
Yes they've got some 'condition' issues with poor casting, brittle sabres and flash all over the place, and a few missing critical pieces like enough command. However clean up metal first and paiting goes easier. If I break something I canusually repair again with pins, CA and Milliput.

As I said I'm taking a light touch approach to refurbing painted units.

The Prussian Kurassier (in Kollet !?!) are gloss white- lucky I still have a tin- and some of their paint flaked off after some flexed arms and heads to remove extreme dimensions. Gilder loved his 'flash' charging cav a lot!

A bit of shading round belts and a bit more colour on horses etc.
However taking a break from extremely detailed (ie piping and gold bits) French giving my eyes a rest, before I get back to those.
cheers d

Personal logo SHaT1984 Supporting Member of TMP09 Aug 2020 9:23 p.m. PST

And progress of sorts- hmm seems Allies fans outnumber the others judging by visitor numbers… anyway…

Here's the first regiment out of the Allies barracks for quite some time: East Prussian Kurassier 1813.
In 1970's style, including basing, the 'light touch' refurbishment evolved over 2 weeks.
I've stuck with the basics as described above. I haven't yet decided whether to apply a touch of matt spray to 'seal' them or not.
Follow the trail of pix… one earlier is simply 'in the box'.

IMG_4703_sm East Prussian Kurassier 1813 .

In addition, a 3/4 painted unit for 1805 that had been similarly sidelined was completed back in lockdown time. A non-technical separation from the details of 'the other side' I've been painting so mush.

1805 Vienna Freikorps:

IMG_4592_sm 1805 Vienna Freikorps

by DaveW, on Flickr

regards
davew

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.