Help support TMP

"MillenniumCon Texas 2020 Cancelled" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming in the USA Message Board

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Action Log

01 Aug 2020 3:18 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Crossposted to Wargaming in the USA board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

World's Greatest Dice Games

A cheap way to pick up on the latest fad and get your own dice cup for wargaming?

Featured Workbench Article

Printing a 3D Model From the Internet

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian finds a 3D model on the internet, and tries to turn it into a wargaming model.

Current Poll

370 hits since 1 Aug 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

torokchar Supporting Member of TMP01 Aug 2020 10:18 a.m. PST

picture

DisasterWargamer Supporting Member of TMP01 Aug 2020 11:04 a.m. PST

Thanks

14th NJ Vol Supporting Member of TMP01 Aug 2020 2:21 p.m. PST

2020 stinks I was looking forward to this con

Greyalexis01 Aug 2020 6:37 p.m. PST

I was finally able to go and 2020 strikes

Personal logo Virtualscratchbuilder Supporting Member of TMP Fezian01 Aug 2020 7:00 p.m. PST

Same here. Was looking to sell a buncha stuff.

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP02 Aug 2020 5:03 a.m. PST

It would have been a long drive from Indiana anyway.

Any chance we can make up a standard form for event cancellation? I think Mr. Torok here has most of it--the deep regrets, the concern for the well-being of the membership, the desire to run a "quality" convention, and the completely empty promise of a convention at some future date.

Then we can simply announce that this applies to all conventions for the future, and it's only necessary to post something on web sites when you are just flat going to run a convention regardless of circumstances. Cold Wars 2022 might be the first.

Greyalexis02 Aug 2020 11:50 a.m. PST

robert piepenbrink its a long drive from anywhere in Texas to Round rock. I was really hoping to make it this year. I had a friend that yearly comic con was stopped. I was hoping ours would not be.

SpuriousMilius04 Aug 2020 9:32 a.m. PST

This is the final nail in the coffin of my con gaming for this year; for the past several years I've attended 2 or 3 DFW area cons & shop's game days, 1 or 2 meets in other Texas cities, & 1 or 2 in neighboring states. Understandably, most were cancelled due to Corona. I was fervently looking forward to Millennium, reserving a Wyndam room & registering a Weird WWII game ASAP. I've been to all but 2 of the MilliCons & I've hosted a miniatures game at each one. I can only hope that next year we avoid another pandemic or other crisis.

Ed the Two Hour Wargames guy04 Aug 2020 1:22 p.m. PST

After missing it the last few years I was getting set to make the trek from AZ. Here's to 2021!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.