Help support TMP

"Whither Regiment Games? Must Contact Original Owner!" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

Please do not use bad language on the forums.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Tools of the Hobby Message Board

Back to the Figure Finder Message Board

Back to the Hobby Industry Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Featured Ruleset

Featured Showcase Article

The 4' x 6' Assault Table Top

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian begins to think about terrain for Team Yankee.

Featured Workbench Article

Basing With Stucco Crack Repair

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian tries a stucco repair product to contour his bases.

Featured Book Review

633 hits since 13 Jul 2020
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo The Virtual Armchair General Sponsoring Member of TMP13 Jul 2020 5:14 p.m. PST

That's the story, Mates!

Even his name has been lost to my records and non-Prevagen memory.

I do recall that he was active US Army and was going to be posted for a prolonged period overseas, so he announced he was going to close up shop. It's possible that his daughter maintained the business for a short period, posssibly only to fill any last orders and close accounts.

He sold the "Gunga Din" line of figures to Badger Games, who still shows them on their own site.

He had also bought a number of ranges in 15mm and I believe 25mm also from sculptor Chris Ferree.

It is our hope to recover at least some of those figure ranges, if possible/affordable.

Please, Gentlefolk, if any of you can point me to 1) The Man Himself, or 2) Anyone who may have bought any ranges from Regiment but either never produced them, or would like to sell them--CHEAP!--then I will once again be grateful to the cognoscenti of TMP.

We wish to know about all such ranges, but we have a particular interest in the "Sand Pebbles" figures in 15mm. Here is a reminding link: TMP link

If recoverable, they will soon see the light of day supported by new projects to be part of "Send A Gunboat!" (http://www.thevirtualarmchairgeneral.com/) via 3D Printing.

So… Please put on your thinking caps and share what you can with a grateful

TVAG

dragon6 Supporting Member of TMP13 Jul 2020 7:41 p.m. PST

Not the same but Eureka do early WW2 US sailors equipped for ground combat link

slugbalancer14 Jul 2020 2:04 a.m. PST

Check out the Wayback Machine archive, in the Who we are link.

link

slugbalancer14 Jul 2020 2:40 a.m. PST

Also here for the announcement of the closure by Steve Carroll.

link

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Jul 2020 8:13 a.m. PST

Badger Games bought a bunch of his stuff, including the SciFi Drantakhs…

Wildman14 Jul 2020 8:44 a.m. PST

He posts on TMP as "Formerly Regiment Games",
Steve Carroll. He has post today asking about
Gaming Models and Peter Pig.

Personal logo The Virtual Armchair General Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Jul 2020 10:44 a.m. PST

Gentlemen All!

Thank you--you've knocked it out of the ballpark again.

With you info, even this Old Duffer should be able to contact Steve Carroll and talk business.

And, Steve, if you catch this thread before I catch you, please PM me and we'll talk commerce.

TVAG

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.