Help support TMP

"Invincible class" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Trek Message Board

Areas of Interest

Science Fiction

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Link

Top-Rated Ruleset

Dirtside II

Rating: gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star gold star 

Featured Workbench Article

Simple Basing Technique for Modern Pulp

One way to base Modern Pulp figures for a wide variety of environments.

Featured Profile Article

Silent Death at Council of Five Nations

A really big Silent Death battle.

519 hits since 16 Jun 2020
©1994-2021 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP17 Jun 2020 8:41 p.m. PST

"The Invincible-class is the single largest multi-mission combat-equipped starship ever constructed by Starfleet. She is designed as the ultimate in front line explorers. She is classified as a Fleet Carrier-Command Battleship. Invincible-class ships combine the roles of battleship and fighter carrier, having a massive offensive capability in terms of on-board weapons and huge complement of tactical fighters…."
Main page
link

I don't get very well the "enlisted" as crew members… are they civilians or troopers?…

Amicalement
Armand

Amicalement
Armand

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP18 Jun 2020 4:34 a.m. PST

Enlisted refers to the regular crew, i.e. non-officers

StarCruiser18 Jun 2020 8:44 a.m. PST

Okay – cut and paste a Sovereign class and an Akira class together and make up some B.S. description…

Yep, typical fan(atic) design.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP18 Jun 2020 2:17 p.m. PST

Thanks!.

So… no matter if they are civilians or not…

Amicalement
Armand

Ghostrunner20 Jun 2020 2:45 p.m. PST

yep… another 'biggest, most powerful, and most agile starship ever built because I said so'.

Fine, have fun… my made up ship just ate yours because I said it can.

ScottWashburn Sponsoring Member of TMP29 Jun 2020 5:03 p.m. PST

Yeah, 'super ships' get tiresome after a while. The 'Scimitar" in Star Trek Nemesis was bigger, faster, better armed, and better defended than the Enterprise AND it had a cloaking device AND a world-killing super weapon. When you are building real ships there is always a trade-off. Armor or speed? Weapons or durability? If would have been fun if the Scimitar had been like a garbage scow under impulse drive. Something to make it more believable.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.