Help support TMP

"Cold Wars 20 Report for the Wargamer Online" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Clubs Message Board

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Areas of Interest

General

Featured Hobby News Article

Featured Ruleset

610 hits since 25 Mar 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Colonel Bill Supporting Member of TMP25 Mar 2020 6:09 a.m. PST

This is the way, I have spoken . . .

link

Ciao, Colonel Bill
wargamer.com

Personal logo aegiscg47 Supporting Member of TMP25 Mar 2020 7:02 a.m. PST

Good report. The pictures of some of the games that were there are certainly impressive.

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP25 Mar 2020 7:37 a.m. PST

Good report--and for me a great convention. A pity it may be the last with HMGS-east.

vicmagpa125 Mar 2020 11:02 a.m. PST

nice thanks.

14Bore25 Mar 2020 3:35 p.m. PST

Actually enjoyed Turckheim game even if I didn't do well. Shame recently just found the fun in these conventions after collecting nearly 40 years, but will try not to as long as they are close for me.

Bowman25 Mar 2020 3:46 p.m. PST

Nice report and a great shout out to Heather Blush and her crew.

clifblkskull Supporting Member of TMP25 Mar 2020 4:03 p.m. PST

Excellent report
Thank you so much
Clif

Finknottle25 Mar 2020 4:39 p.m. PST

I'm 1/17th of the people in the empty ballroom picture. Playing in Pat Hreachmack's small craft game. Germans vs Brit/Yugoslav in WW2. That was Friday morning about ten-ish iirc. Most people were probably in the vendors hall (opening at 10:00 coincidentally)…

For the rest of the con, about 1/3 to 1/2 of tables were empty.

Grumble8710625 Mar 2020 8:55 p.m. PST

Great and accurate report. I always appreciate the humor.

bogdanwaz26 Mar 2020 6:00 a.m. PST

Certainly attendance was down, particularly on Friday, and the dealer hall was pretty sparce. However, most of the gaming throughout the convention was in the Limekiln room which was actually fairly crowded on Saturday afternoon. I had all 12 slots of my Elizabethan Frostgrave game, the Creatures of Croatoan, filled and had to turn 2 people away. The impression I got was that most of the games in the Limekiln during the day on Saturday were pretty full.

Personal logo Colonel Bill Supporting Member of TMP26 Mar 2020 7:27 a.m. PST

Finknottel, just FYI I provide my editor with a slew of pictures and he selects what he wants. The Distlefink image did not go up deliberately on my part. That said the Vendor's Hall opened at noon, and the program lists five games scheduled for the Distlefink during the time mentioned (unless I counted wrong).

Bogdanwaz, don't you mean Lampeter? There is no Limekiln and the Limerock Room is a small space on the lower level.

Just as an example, if there were 64 game cancellations when I counted last that means you (very roughly) deleted the first nine pages of games in the event listing section of the program.

Ciao, Colonel Bill

bogdanwaz26 Mar 2020 10:23 a.m. PST

Sorry, I meant the Lampeter room

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.