Help support TMP

"Chasseurs a' Cheval Garde in 28mm" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

Areas of Interest

Napoleonic

Featured Hobby News Article

549 hits since 25 Mar 2020
©1994-2020 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Shotandshell Supporting Member of TMP25 Mar 2020 1:03 a.m. PST

Hi all

I have just uploaded some pics of my latest Nap unit in 28mm on my blog at https://vellamike61.blogspot.com

Hope you enjoy and carry on painting while we're all at home :)

Mike

picture

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP25 Mar 2020 6:36 a.m. PST

Beautiful work.

The Tyn Man25 Mar 2020 4:46 p.m. PST

VERY Nice… Well done!

Shotandshell Supporting Member of TMP26 Mar 2020 2:05 a.m. PST

Thank you gents!

Widowson26 Mar 2020 3:22 p.m. PST

Just one comment – a horse's eyes have almost no white at all. Also, I would expect this unit to be on matched mounts, like all bays of a similar coloring. Great painting, though.

SHaT198426 Mar 2020 3:57 p.m. PST

Agree, very nice.
Though please lose the telephone pole!
Replace cast lead ones with steel wire of better proportions!

Widowson- agree about mounts- a certain person was very picky about that, at least before the 'big freeze' event.

Just a note that the 'scarlet' looks a tad pinkish, tho that may just be the photogs aura. Leave crimson to the trompettes!

I'm also re-repainting my men of worth, after many years in blankness,
Regards d

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP28 Mar 2020 7:56 a.m. PST

You will see white in a horse's eyes if he is about to crash into a formed square, mind you! otherwise black I would agree, maybe the brown iris.

These are terrific figures and remind me that I never, ever, even seen a figure from this range, Foundry. I was put off by the suggestion that they are noticeably small for current beefed up 28mm, but a unit painted up like this makes me wonder, plus they do make "properly turned" Empress Dragoons.

Thanks for posting these. That eagle staff is a bit thick, he is right…..not easily replaced though

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.